Hot Chip - The Warning

Discussion in 'General Music' started by MO!, Jun 4, 2006.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Given this a few listens over the weekend and can see it being the soundtrack to my summer already!

I'd heard the single "over and over" being played in his set by a mate quite a few times and it always caught my attention, and the follow up "and I was a boy from school" is equally catchy.

Both can be heard here http://www.myspace.com/hotchip

And there's quite a lot of other stuff available if you search. Check out the BBC Collective pages in particular.

Quite a hard one to describe as far as comparisons go. Vocals, guitars, bass, drum machine and keys.... Electro indie? There's MOments when New Order spring to mind. The beats vary from the catchy pop style of the chemical bro's to some MOre random sounding MOments.

Just give them a listen!

Like I said, only a few listens so far, but very very much liking it!

:D

MO!, Jun 4, 2006
  2. MO!

inteificio

I have had a listen and I am trying to work out if you were serious or not...were you?

inteificio, Jun 5, 2006
  3. MO!

dean.l

I quite like them, nothing wrong with a bit of electro.
    I like sh*t robot too :)
    *see friends list*
    (not joking)
    MO, do you like the magnetic fields?
    also try Hyperbubble *fun electro pop*

dean.l, Jun 5, 2006
  4. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Serious. I stopped in town after work to pick up another copy for my girlfriend. Also picked up their 2004 album "coming on strong" which I shall listen to shortly :)

Perhaps you can suggest something else? From what I can tell, this is your first post on the music forum, so I've no idea what you're into.....

dean, I'll check them out. Thanks for the tip.

MO!, Jun 5, 2006
  5. MO!

dean.l

dean.l, Jun 5, 2006
  6. MO!

ListeningEar

Saw these on Jools Holland last week, looks very interesting indeed. Will be checking this band out further.

...and yes, there is definitely nothing wrong with a bit of Electro,...bring on Mr. Anthony Rother please,...hehehe

ListeningEar, Jun 6, 2006
  7. MO!

andyoz

I also saw them on Jools (only caught one song) and they did catch my ear. Thanks for the reminder.

andyoz, Jun 6, 2006
  8. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I'd been wondering what Over and over reminded me of... Nightrider! Bits of it make Folk Implosion "Natural One" spring to mind too. No bad thing as that's a fav' of mine!

Just finished work, think I'll relax in the garden with a beer and play both albums back to back :)

MO!, Jun 6, 2006
Ask a Question