How much does your car cost to run in terms of maintenance?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Sep 29, 2008.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

My dad reckons it does £10 per 60 miles (all urban), I've not calculated the MPG yet. I will clean the MAF sensor and fit a new air filter this afternoon if the rain stops.

amazingtrade, Sep 30, 2008
  2. amazingtrade

felix part-time Horta

Suspect vacuum leak? That could also probably cause the miss on gearchanges.

Probbaly just a leaky hose/line somewhere; the quickest way to find where is to allow the car to idle, when well warmed-up, an spray carb-cleaner around any vacuum lines or hoses, especially the junctions/clips, attached to the inlet manifold. You'll know when you've sprayed a leak because the revs will change markedly.

felix, Oct 1, 2008
  3. amazingtrade

Yeah there was a leak a month back, a breather pipe had split allowing a lot air in, it was ideling at 1800rpm though :D, I suspect that maybe it is still not completly airtight. I am going to fit a jubilee clip onto it and see if that makes any difference.

amazingtrade, Oct 1, 2008
  4. amazingtrade

I replaced the airfilter the other day, started the engine ideled at 2000rpm. I then wiggled the wiring into the sensors into the airbox and it went down to 1100rpm, so I am thinking the fault is most likely to be the MAF sensor, anyway not my problem any more, will have my own pucka car to fix soon :D.

amazingtrade, Oct 6, 2008
Ask a Question