How much should I sell my server for?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Apr 24, 2005.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

In a few weeks time my server will no longer be needed, its an IBM PIII 700, 256MB RAM, 32X CD ReWriter, 10GB Hard drive. It is in a brand new case as the IBM was battered. I will sell it with Linux and its just the base unit.

How much do you think I would get for it on ebay? Its a very fast computer providing you don't try and use the latest verison of photoshop on it!

amazingtrade, Apr 24, 2005
  2. amazingtrade

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

What makes this a server and not just a PC? spec makes it sound like a print server!

lAmBoY, Apr 24, 2005
  3. amazingtrade

The fact I am currently running IIS and XP Pro on it, the the way the operating system is configured makes it a server, but the hard ware specs are just the same as a desktop PC. I will be selling it as a desktop, I should have made that clear.

4. amazingtrade

sideshowbob Trisha

Stick it on ebay with no reserve, it's not worth much TBH, but you may get lucky.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Apr 24, 2005
  5. amazingtrade

I would need a decent amount for it though other wise its not worth selling, for example if I only got £30 for it its worth more than to me. As its in a brand new case it looks brand new form the outside. I would be extremely happy if I got £80 for it though.

Ask a Question