How to get a woman out of YOUR head?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by domfjbrown, Aug 5, 2003.

1. domfjbrown

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Anyone who knows me knows I'm always honest and open, and she herself has said I'm one of the most open people she knows :) I learnt that lesson at a very early age, along with the one about being yourself (I've always thought things like chat up lines etc were really sad - and let's face it, if you're something you're not, people WILL find out, and people WILL rip you for it!).

Mo - I'm almost CERTAIN to be hit by a bus! Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day... You have to seize the moment though...

So yeah, this has reached an impasse and the ball's in her court - if she drops it, I'll deal with it. I honestly think (and this isn't big up or BS) that for once in my life it'll be HER loss if she drops it. She's got breathing space and we'll see what happens...

Henry - no worries re hijack - thanks for putting up with all the discussion and reading Tues/Weds last week mate :)

domfjbrown, Sep 8, 2003
  2. domfjbrown

HenryT

No problem mate... Still no reply email yet I guess then? :)

HenryT, Sep 9, 2003
  3. domfjbrown

Nope, and to be quite honest, if any woman ever makes me feel as screwed up as I was last night, well, let's not go there.

I've fully given up on this - no woman on earth is worth this kind of agro, and she might have been (and still be perhaps - who knows?) a good mate, but I think I've naturally got everything I need out of the friendship and therefore I can seriously take it or leave it now. I should have just gone the whole hog 'cos at least then I'd have something worthwhile to show for it - if she can't handle the situation than she's obviously not what I thought she was, so if that's the case, I don't really know her, so it can't have been the big L right? Back to my old theory - lust need dependance - well, I'm damned if the last two will feature in this (and realistically the first never really has - oddly enough!) so I've moved on!

Let's not forget our friend Nicky - who I right royally stupidly fell for? Well, she disappeared pretty sharpish and then got all arsey when I asked her if she gave a crap about any of us - well, patently not since she's done nothing to disprove that.

Well, I'm damned if I'm going to deal with that kind of situation again, so I'm closing up and being a cynical git again - I'm used to that so it's much more comfortable. I know I'm a pessimistic whinge bag but why mess with normality hey!? ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2003
    domfjbrown, Sep 9, 2003
  4. domfjbrown

Ashamed

How to get a woman out of YOUR head?

Shag another one.....

Ashamed, Sep 9, 2003
  5. domfjbrown

That's really helpful... If I'd shagged this one it would be a lot better...

Not all men think with their dicks (no offence to you dude - I dunno which "head" you think with after all ;) )

domfjbrown, Sep 9, 2003
  6. domfjbrown

Ashamed

All men think with their dicks

otherwise most men would marry other men........

and women would sit alone in cinemas...

Ashamed, Sep 9, 2003
  7. domfjbrown

Well, I guess that makes me a woman then - either that, or that damn cycling incident years back did more damage than I thought (it bloody hurt at the time though :)).

domfjbrown, Sep 9, 2003
  8. domfjbrown

The Devil IHTFP

Watching 'Ally McBeal' is a dead giveaway. Slick-chick TV at its worst.

The Devil, Sep 9, 2003
  9. domfjbrown

He he he - nah, when I watched it it was specifically for Ally's bod and that Portia whatever's boobs :)

Oh - and I could identify with John Cage 'cos I babble like him all the blooming time...

domfjbrown, Sep 9, 2003
  10. domfjbrown

HenryT

Obviously Bub knows a little bit about your TV viewing habits then Dom!! ;)

Don't forget, LD has a few of her own little issues to deal with at the mo, so might not even had time to read her email yet.

Mind you, I'm starting to get bit paranoid about emails not getting replied to, but there's not remantic connection there, just financial concerns... :rolleyes: Hopefully, there's a perfectly reasonable explanation behind it, as I'm sure there is behind your situation.

HenryT, Sep 9, 2003
  11. domfjbrown

Yeah - personal issues - she's definitely got a "lot on her mind" as she says, though whether I'm in there or not I dunno.

Either way - I have cooled out over this (emotionally and mentally exhausted to be honest!) so I can't care - even though I guess I should.

Guess I lashed out in that post earlier 'cos she's (almost certainly unknowingly) messed my mind up - and I always lash out when hurt. Well, whatever will be, so I should stop worrying full stop.

After all, there's that John Mayall track that goes
    "You ain't nothin' but a female
    and lord knows I'm a man" - I'm using that as my mantra for now until the situation IS a situation. If she wants out I'm sure she'd have said by now!

Women though - I dunno why people bother to be honest.

domfjbrown, Sep 9, 2003
  12. domfjbrown

You think YOU'RE paranoid - I had the horrid dawning on me last ngiht that she or one of her mates (after all, one of them is techie) might have seen this thread - let's face it, my "handle" ain't exactly obtuse is it? And you've given the name away (kind of) in the initials, so...

Oh well, wtf - no more energy is she getting from me by using the aloof life drama - I'll just have to use a combination of intimidator/aloof next time I see her to help preserve what sanity I have left!! He he he! I love that CP book :)

domfjbrown, Sep 10, 2003
  13. domfjbrown

The Devil IHTFP

Dom, it's probably not the best idea to talk about deeply personal issues like this one on the Net. Did anyone else see 'The curse of friends reunited' the other night? Ouch!

The Devil, Sep 10, 2003
  14. domfjbrown

HenryT

Dom, you're definitely paranoid. Maybe I should have used the initials LC, as that's less obvious!!

I think maybe you're right though Bub... I did seee that programme though, kinda of entertaining, but I'm 101% that that sort of thing ain't never gonna happen to me because I don't have any such skeletons from the past lurking in the closet - well at least as far as ex's are concerned. But that's not to say that it couldn't happen the other way around and I get dumpon upon by shacking up with someone who has an ex about to burst on to the scene without me knowing.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2003
    HenryT, Sep 10, 2003
  15. domfjbrown

Well, it's probably the hard drugs I'm on making me paranoid (antibiotics (500mgs!!!) due to infection from SOMETHING - christ knows what - maybe that's why I'm all over the place??), but who knows?

I missed the Friends Reunited site thing - that was on C5 wasn't it? If so, I can't get that :(

As for deeply personal, I don't reckon there's anything on here THAT personal, but women are ting tong in the extreme so who knows?

domfjbrown, Sep 10, 2003
  16. domfjbrown

The Devil IHTFP

Women are exactly like men, only with a shoe fetish instead of a toy fetish.

The Devil, Sep 10, 2003
  17. domfjbrown

NO they're not - men are level headed and reasonable usually - women will go nuts for no reason and also go completely barmy 5 days in every 28...

domfjbrown, Sep 10, 2003
  18. domfjbrown

The Devil IHTFP

Blerks are level-headed? Women don't knock chunks out of each other on-line because one likes the wrong sort of footwear. Or do they? Is there a ladies' shoe forum? Must join immediately.

The Devil, Sep 10, 2003
  19. domfjbrown

Hmm - well, *I* don't knock spots off other blokes on here - although my (minority!) views on the LP12 are well known...

Mind you, I'm NOT level headed. I just got a good email, so all this stupid nonsense has been all my own making. I officially declare that until I stop acting like a psycho (impossible since it's all Gemini!) I can't consider EVER trying to bring someone else into the maelstrom that's my life. Mates it is then.

SO that wraps this thread up nicely I reckon :)

domfjbrown, Sep 10, 2003
Ask a Question