Huygens Audio Class D

Discussion in 'Trade Adverts and Discussion' started by adam, May 5, 2008.

1. adam

adam

We've finally got a very basic website site up of our products. Huygens are Class D amplifiers made and designed in house, we don't use others modules we use our own MCD 255 which switches at 1MHZ
    The MCD series of integrated amplifiers, is powered by MHz Class D technology. This high sampling frequency enable you to reproduce the entire audio bandwidth with true high fidelity, without compromising phase performance. All MCD amplifiers exhibit extremely low THD and tremendous peak currents.

http://www.huygensaudio.com/

http://www.eden-audio.com/forum3/viewforum.php?f=4

You can also buy amplifiers in kit forms, currently available a 250W dual mono.

Any question about the amplifiers please contact us or use the huygens forums.

Thanks.

adam, May 5, 2008
  2. adam

Mus

Hi Adam,

Have you got any pricing?

Regards,

Mus

Mus, May 5, 2008
  3. adam

Tenson Moderator

So, whats the music with the Koto?

Tenson, May 6, 2008
  4. adam

adam

Hi Mus,

The basic entry level Huygens MCD1002 will be 499odd Euros, the more powerful 1202 is 699Euros, the power amp dual mono is 500 Euros plus shipping. Coming soon will be very light mono block power amplifiers and some DACs, it is all a bit slow as we are very small.

adam, May 7, 2008
  5. adam

adam

Hi Tenson,

I'm not sure, my Chinese friend sent it to me and I liked it very much so I decided to use it, quite nice music isn't it.

adam, May 7, 2008
  6. adam

Tenson Moderator

Hi,

It is nice music. I have been getting a few bits of Koto, Shamisen, Shakuhachi music recently so its very interesting to me. If you could ask your friend what artist it is I'd really appreciate it. I tried putting it in media player but its automatic recognition didn't work.

Tenson, May 7, 2008
  7. adam

adam

Hi Tenson,

I'll ask and try to find out who it is for you.

adam, May 8, 2008
  8. adam

Tenson Moderator

thanks

Tenson, May 9, 2008
  9. adam

Tenson Moderator

Hi Adam, any news on who that track was by? :)

Tenson, May 21, 2008
  10. adam

adam

Sorry Tenson, she doesn't know who it is either!! It was her brothers, if she finds out I'll pass it on, I have no idea myself.. sorry.

Getting back to the amplifiers, we received these nice comments from a end user from Italy using the MCD 255 class D modules, designed by Huygens Audio.

Post #37
    I got my MCD-255 and transformers about 40 days ago but did not have the time for assembling them until 10 days ago.

I had some little problems, fixed with Fumac's help (the problem was in the setting of the gain. After some little and easy moddings the problem was solved).

The amp is easy to assemble, it stays quite cool (heatsinks are warm even after heavy use).

I own UCD180 and 400 (modded, and good sounding), so I can compare MCD-255 with these other toys:

MCD-255 KILLS after 10 seconds the UCD's!
    THIS AMP IS ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING! I AM SPEACHLESS...

Powerful, detailed, no trace of harshness, dead quite, the soundstage is HUGE, the ability to drive hard speakers is enormous. And it remains delicate like a 3watt 2a3 tube amplifier!

I own and have before owned every kind of amplifiers (solid state, tube, classD, hybrids), but let me say THIS IS THE BEST AMPLIFIER I EVER LISTENED TO, MO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE IS!

Any more details. just ask. Justa wanted to share this thing because I bought these modules and transformers jus for my curiosity: just have a listen, you know... well, this amp is here to stay, and some 20 times more expensive amps will be taken away from my systems.

Had today some friends to have a listen: their mouths were just falling down...

Pictures coming, anyway.

The MCD255 is state of the art in class D designs, it is designed for hifi audio use, not subwoofers. We use it in the entry level MCD1202.

adam, May 22, 2008
  11. adam

adam

adam, May 23, 2008
Ask a Question