I blame MO! you know :P

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by davidcotton, May 3, 2006.

1. davidcotton

davidcotton prog rocker, proud of it!

http://zerogain.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12567

A few weeks after that post, and now one of my mission 780's lower drivers (woofer?)has gone. Sodding typical as I was just about to make a last assault to get the remaining cds I've got lying around converted and onto the music server.

Did you have any luck getting yours repaired MO? I intend to phone movement audio tomorrow to see what they say, but based on your example I don't hold out a lot of hope. Last time it cost me £30 and 5 minutes work. Lord knows what it'll cost this time.

If worst comes to worst and I decide to upgrade speakers whats good in the £4-500 Bookshelf size market atm? Last I checked (and its been awhile as sods law I've generally been happy)it was quad 11ls etc. Anyone had any experience of the Dynaudio audience 42s in a small room btw?

Cheers...

davidcotton, May 3, 2006
  2. davidcotton

julian2002 Muper Soderator

proac 1sc's are about the best small speakers i've ever heard in that sort of price range.
    best bang for your buck would be to make your own from a kit.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, May 3, 2006
  3. davidcotton

MO! MOnkey`ead!

:eek:

Sorry to hear that!

No luck as such, but been on hold a bit.

As I said in the PM, I emailed mission and they said to send them direct to them for repair. I'm now waiting for a price for just the drivers, rather than paying the delivery and return postage costs of the speakers, and any fitting costs too.

MO!, May 5, 2006
  4. davidcotton

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Mission have quoted £57.57 for the drivers.

Think that includes p+p

so, not too bad I guess.

MO!, May 13, 2006
Ask a Question