I hate this weather

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Jul 16, 2004.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

GRRRRR

This has to be one of the worst summers ever. Nearly every day is cloudy, only evenings brighten up.

It rains nearly every day and if we do get a nice day we the next 5 days are bad.

I am really really sick of it as I suffer slightly from that seasonal disorder thing. :JOEL:

amazingtrade, Jul 16, 2004
  2. amazingtrade

Lt Cdr Data om

I think we all feel better with a bit of sun and blue sky, its why we are so miserable, mind you, have you noticed how more outgoing and even aggressive people can get in the heat? esp. chavs in cars?

Lt Cdr Data, Jul 16, 2004
  3. amazingtrade

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

Well I'd rather it cloudy than raining, but I know what you mean. Its also really hot at night making it difficult to sleep. Yes I have noticed that when the weather gets hot all the Chav's and "sales reps" get on their horns and then general driving behavour becomes irratic, but now the schools our out, I'll be able to cycle safely too and from work without the fear of some 4' mother of 20 running me over with her 4x4, arrr bliss.

lhatkins, Jul 17, 2004
  4. amazingtrade

BlueMax

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2004
    BlueMax, Jul 17, 2004
  5. amazingtrade

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

Typical - as soon as the weather turns nice (as it has done this afternoon), I have to work. Still, at least this time, I can work from home. The hifi is on, the tunes are spinning and some beer is being chilled for tonight!

nsherin, Jul 17, 2004
  6. amazingtrade

Hopefully it will be hot and sunny tomorrow here. I am off to Barcerlona next week anyway.

So hopefully I will see some sun.

amazingtrade, Jul 17, 2004
  7. amazingtrade

PBirkett VTEC Addict

I dont mind the current weather. I agree that it being sunny gives you a better mood, but not when that comes with crippling hay fever - at least I have had something resembling some relief from this poor spell.

PBirkett, Jul 17, 2004
  8. amazingtrade

adam

Spain is about 35-40 at the moment,I find it oppressive,too much is sun as bad as dark cloudy rainy days,it just zaps your energy!!

adam, Jul 17, 2004
  9. amazingtrade

An between would be nice though, 3 days at 25c, 1 day rain, 3 days 25c etc.

I reckon about 21-22c is the perferct temperature, you're not going to melt but its also very warm.

amazingtrade, Jul 17, 2004
  10. amazingtrade

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

the rain or cold dont bother me,its the awfully muggy heat i hate,cant complain too much though,a thunderstorm earlier today resulted in a breif power cut,resulting in a call from work to go and reset the smoke vents,4 hours pay for 20 minutes work :D

themadhippy, Jul 17, 2004
  11. amazingtrade

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Damn right! Mind you, I'm the extreme here - I like the rain (when it's not windy) as I can see better, and because of my metabolism, I'd rather it be around 16 degrees even in the middle of summer. Anything much above 19 and I'm sweating buckets - even when walking. 25 degrees and up really makes me narky and aggressive.

Admittedly though, I'm more laid back in hot heat when I am not being forced to go to work or do stuff around the house. Dry heat isn't so bad either...

Thunderstorms rule!

domfjbrown, Jul 20, 2004
  12. amazingtrade

It was lovely here today, it was 24c and sunny but with a little bit of haze so it didn't feel too hut or humid. Its clouded over now but it is still warm.

amazingtrade, Jul 20, 2004
  13. amazingtrade

voodoo OdD

:(

That's one thing I'll miss from Luxembourg.
    Because Luxembourg is fairly high up and surrounded by masses of land, the storms really build up into quite spectacular formations and last for hours :cool: .

The best I can remember was about May'99; from the back balcony you could see it coming from about 30 miles away, across the Belgian border. It was 28degrees outside at 22:00 and very dry. The storm rested on top of the city for about 8/9 hours. Totally crazy and on several occasions it felt as if the patio doors were going to explode :D .

We've had a few down in Brighton but nothing with the same scale and force :( . Fingers crossed ;) .

voodoo, Jul 20, 2004
  14. amazingtrade

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

It's a double-edged sword in the UK - thunderstorms are shorter, but my Naim system (and PC etc) might last longer (touch wood!!!)

domfjbrown, Jul 21, 2004
  15. amazingtrade

julian2002 Muper Soderator

one of my favorite pasttimes when i was living in texas was sitting out on the balcony in a deck chair with a bottle of jack daniels watching the austin hills get randomly hammered by lightning.
    mad weather was the norm there though. i've been camping and nearly had my tent blown away with me (and my ex) in it. been driving over a long overpass whilst lighning decimated the bowling alley carpark that was built underneath it. a friends car was struck by lightning, exploding the battery and i've come out of my apartment in the morning to find my car encased in ice only to have the ice melt in an hour or so as it went up to over 30 degrees. a truly insane place, but i guess that just matches the american psyche doesn;t it. english weather never really bothered me after that.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Jul 21, 2004
  16. amazingtrade

Hex Spurt

big country - big weather.

You ever get the feeling that god's still trying to work it out over there? :cool:

Hex Spurt, Jul 21, 2004
  17. amazingtrade

julian2002 Muper Soderator

s/he should scrap the place and start again.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Jul 21, 2004
  18. amazingtrade

Hex Spurt

Nah, there's nothing wrong with the country. Some of the people on the other hand... ;)

Regards

Hex

Hex Spurt, Jul 21, 2004
Ask a Question