I have been to Blue Jeans Cables....

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by bec143, Mar 8, 2006.

1. bec143

bec143

turns out it's only 10 minutes from my office in a warehouse.
    Picked up the Belden wire they sell, and I'll check it out tonight. It was dirt cheap and I'm hoping to be pleasently surprised.

Bruce

bec143, Mar 8, 2006
  2. bec143

bec143

After a few hours I'm pretty dissapointed. Compared with NACA5 the Belden wire is warmer, but pretty lifeless and lacking details. I don't believe in cable burn-in, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for a bit. Plus my amp was off for several days, so maybe a little warm-up is called for. Nonetheless, I'm firmly in the something that is better should sound better immediately camp.

On the plus side it's flexible, unobtrusive, and cheap.

bec143, Mar 9, 2006
  3. bec143

zanash

Burnin normally sounds like a mellowing of the cable.

zanash, Mar 9, 2006
  4. bec143

bec143

Hope you ar right Zanash, cause I like the $30 price tag. Quick listening to the stereo this AM with my wife- it was just generally muddy. She thought it sounded like going back to our NAD amp when we first switched to Naim, and my YBA amp is way more transparent than my Naim amps were.

Bruce

bec143, Mar 9, 2006
  5. bec143

bec143

Wow, this cable had rendered my hifi unlistenable! I just can't believe what it sounds like- must be some kind of poor system matching.

I'm going t return it, if it's burn in it needs, I just can't take it!

bec143, Mar 12, 2006
  6. bec143

zanash

Is it a speaker cable or ic ....

belen are well know for half decent ic cable...a small ammount depends on the plug...but there not well known for speaker cable.

Whats the system your using?

zanash, Mar 12, 2006
  7. bec143

bec143

It's a speaker cable, 14 ft, between a YBA Passion integrated and Audio Physic Virgos. It replaced Naim wire (and a Naim system), and the amp sounded great with the Naim wire (destroyed by my dog). It was suggested here and on PFM as something good and cheap. I guess I just don't like it.

bec143, Mar 12, 2006
  8. bec143

zanash

completely off the wall suggestion...try 15amp twin and earth [loose the earth wire....You maybe supprised!

If you need something a little more interesting pm me

zanash, Mar 12, 2006
  9. bec143

bec143

The Belden wire has got to go!

Well, it's been another week and I have found the hifi to be almost unlistenable. Yesterday I borrowed a run of Kimber 8TC from a dealer and put it in the system (it was unused). Instantly I had my stereo back again. It is amazing what a difference it made, and I am a believer in speaker cables.

Is it any better then the NACA5 was- I don't know, and can't really remember at this point. I'm surprised that they are pretty similar, since the NACA5 iis ususally dissed and the 8TC loved. Both NACA5 and 8TC are reasonably cheap, and I don't have much inclination to go any higher in cost. However, I suppose that I don't have much inclination to go much lower anymore either. I am curious to see is some premium wire is even better, or itif it's all about the same once you get to something decent.

bec143, Mar 18, 2006
  10. bec143

LinearMan

From personal experience, Anti Cable is far superior to 8TC and cheap. Possibly the last cable you'll ever buy.

LinearMan, Mar 20, 2006
  11. bec143

bec143

I have heard so many good things about anti-cable, but it won't work well logistically in my setup.

I'm going to try somethin called from a company called Reality Cables that also has a guarentee, and has been highy touted.

bec143, Mar 20, 2006
Ask a Question