I have bought a new CD player

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by amazingtrade, Mar 6, 2004.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I didn't intend to but I just did it on a whim, I went past Superfi and noticed a Marantz PM6000OSE LE for £150 brand new so I just couldn't resist at that price. Plus I will get £40 for my old machine on ebay.

As for sound well its too soon to tell yet but so far its a lot more open than my old Sony.

amazingtrade, Mar 6, 2004
  2. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

OOPS!

I just replied to your other tread! :lol:

You could perhaps have done with checking out some of the competition ;) but you should be happy with the performance of the 6000 for a bargain layout!

I'm sure it looks pretty nice stacked up with the 6010 too :MILD:

Leave it spinning constantly for a few days.

£100 under budget! And £40 for for the old sony...... time to change them speakers perhaps :D

MO!, Mar 6, 2004
  3. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Yeah its too early yet to make any proper reviews of it, so far there is a lot more detiail than my Sony offered put the presentation is very similar. Instruments seem lighter but have a lot more detail so sound a lot less smuchy. The bass is a bit better but to be honest this only slightly better.

I span "She's Lost Control" by Joy Division before and this when I noticed just how bad my Sony was. It sounds very similar to my vinyl copy where as on my Sony it sounded by different.

Its a lot more musical than my old one. I think the Sony probably didn't sound as good as it did when it was new either.

For the price and considering I have been happy with every other Marantz product I have had there was no competition at that price.

My system is perfectly balanced now so I probably won't need to upgrade for a long time.

As for my speakers they are just used as my TV speakers now as I never listen to music from them anymore, as my mum tells me off for playing "awful music".

My music comes from my Philips HP890 headphones which depsite them being the wrong brand they sound better than any other sub £100 phones I've heared so I for so I am very happy with them.

amazingtrade, Mar 6, 2004
Ask a Question