I have just ordered.......

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by angi73, Aug 24, 2004.

1. angi73

angi73

Some PMC GB1's. Not that i pressume everyone is really bothered. I had a demo today which included these and some jm lab cobalt 816s. Took my own dac and plenty of cd's and spent several hours listening. I have also listened to dynaudio contour 1.3's and some small totem floorstanders and ae 1 mk 2's Used aracm a80 amps i believe, comparable to my alpha 10p and 10I.

Im not going to bore you with the gory details and use a load of audio cliches, but i was impressed with both. Initially the Jm labs seemed more impressive, but i found the pmc's had nice slightly dry but fairly deep bass and better imaging and midrange. Was vey impressed with the jm labs though. I was really torn between the two, but i reckon the pmc's have the edge, hope ive made the right choice! They should work quite well in my quite small room, front ported TL. The new fabric dome tweeter seems quite an improovement on the metal dome one as used in the tb2/fb1.

Anyone had any similar experiences. I know This is a bit of a pathetic post but i just got a small doubt as to whether i have made the right choice. I liked them both. Another plus perhaps is that they are british made (or at least owned?) and not french!

angi73, Aug 24, 2004
  2. angi73

julian2002 Muper Soderator

nice one, the thing that matters most is that you like them. personally i'm not a huge fan of transmission lines but there are a lot of people here who use them and really like them (mostly meadowlarks - perhaps you can get honourary membership of the meadowlark mafia? ;) ). i can remember when i was auditioning speakers that it was a very frustrating activity. i'll have the bass of that one, the mid of this and the treble of either of those - maddening. but eventually i settled on a compromise that i've really enjoyed for the past 4 years. right up until last sunday infact (thank you SO much merlin - now i have to spend more money i don't have). i hope your pmc's give you as much preasure as my B&W's have me.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Aug 24, 2004
  3. angi73

Robbo

You and me both!

Angus, I am sure you will get along fine with them.

Robbo, Aug 24, 2004
Ask a Question