Ichty fingers 2

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Colin2040, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Colin2040

Colin2040

Sorry to steal someone elses title but .....this may be partly DIY so forgive the "wrong" location.

I have the urge to build something, I want to build another valve amp possibly something with adequate power to run reasonably efficient speakers so I was looking at an Audionote kit 2, however I have also fancied some 2a3 monoblocks possibly from Blue bell audio but would have to build some say Fostex horn speakers to try as well. I have always fancied building some ANE type speakers as well.

Is there any thing else that I am overlooking, Bluebell are protyping a 211 mono block but I would also consider buying something I could later modify/upgrade.

Input would be appreciated

Colin2040, Mar 30, 2011
  2. Colin2040

RobHolt Moderator

If the old World Design kits are still available those are good performers.

IIRC the chap from Timestep might have bought the company so perhaps check with him.

RobHolt, Mar 30, 2011
  3. Colin2040

Tenson Moderator

How about building a hybrid amp? I've haven't seen many people do this DIY but it should be easy enough. You could take something like a LM4780 to make the power section and use quite low feedback on it. Then make a nice valve input stage for it.

Tenson, Mar 30, 2011
  4. Colin2040

Colin2040

Well funny enough I did think about a chip amp ,but a hybrid .I would have to do a bit of research on that.At one time I thought WAD was going to do a chip amp or hang on I think itwas a class d kit.Dont think it happened as a result of the ownership changes

Colin2040, Mar 30, 2011
Ask a Question