Icon Audio 40i Classic

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by kingsxfan, Jul 28, 2006.

1. kingsxfan

kingsxfan

***SOLD***

Right folks, I never thought I'd see the day but I've decided to sell my beloved Icon.

This is a super introduction to the world of valves. This model is the 40i Classic and uses EL34's in a push pull configuration, plus x2 12AT7's and x2 12AX7's in the pre stage. Its currently fitted with Svetlana's EL34's and 12AX7's and NOS Mullards 12AT7's.

This is essentially two amplifiers in one, being switchable between triode and ultralinear operation. The former gives 19w p/ch and the latter gives 40w p/ch. This amp drives real world speakers to real world volumes in either modes of operation. I find that triode gives a sweeter more relaxed sound, with a midrange that seduces everytime. Ultralinear has double the power and loses a touch of triodes midrange resolve, but has slightly better bass grip. Its a fantastically relaxed listen regardless of what you throw at it. This amp has had excellent reviews in the press, visit Icons website and see for yourself.

Its also fitted with the optional intelligent HT delay to protect and prolong the life of those pricey NOS valves should you choose to fit them.

The unit is manual bias but its a doddle to set-up with the supplied multimeter, requiring a quick check every six months.

This still retails for £899.95 with the optional HT delay coming in at £79.95.

It is in 'as new' condition, absolutely mint with box and instructions. I'll even throw in a new set of Ei gold pins for the pre-stage.

Looking for £500 firm plus insured P&P. I'd much prefer collection on this item due to its weight and to avoid the risk of damage in transit.

Thanks for looking,

Phil

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2006
    kingsxfan, Jul 28, 2006
  2. kingsxfan

kingsxfan

Right, I must be fecking mad.

I'll do this for £440 firm collected. Half the current retail price. This is silly money for an amp thats two years old, still a current model costing £980 with the optional HT delay and in absolute mint as new condition, boxed with instruction and a free set of new Ei gold pinds for the pre stage. Current valves are only 12 months old and have another 12 - 18 months left in them. If it doesn't go at this price I'm robbing myself so will just go into a second system. My new kit is almost in the bag so this sale will go towards another arm for my TT as and when it sells.

Excellent customer service should you ever need it from Icon Audio.

Phil

kingsxfan, Jul 29, 2006
  3. kingsxfan

kingsxfan

Final Reduction To £400 Before Ebay!

kingsxfan, Aug 2, 2006
  4. kingsxfan

A.N.

someone snap phils hand off, like yesterday. this is a giveaway for 400 of the queens...........

A.N., Aug 2, 2006
  5. kingsxfan

kingsxfan

Just had this up and running with the Audio Physic Virgo 2's...

Absolutely stunning if I do say so myself.

kingsxfan, Aug 2, 2006
  6. kingsxfan

lordsummit moderate mod

If anyone's thinking of a sub 1k amp, you should be looking at this. It's jaw droppingly good for the money. £400 for this tis a bargain. I've got the Ming-Da it was based on, and this is even better.....
    It's a giveaway

lordsummit, Aug 2, 2006
  7. kingsxfan

A.N.

i knew you'd be pleased phil, them there virgo's are a belting speaker in every way, and i bet the icon suits em like a glovette:D :D :punk:

A.N., Aug 2, 2006
  8. kingsxfan

kingsxfan

I've never heard speakers that do a vanishing act like these before, you were spot on. They ain't even set up like they should be yet. I think my spare room is going to be converted to a dedicated listening room to do 'em justice :MILD:

Gobsmacked...

kingsxfan, Aug 3, 2006
  9. kingsxfan

A.N.

keep your amp mate....... you'd be a fool to let it go for the money your selling it at!
    dedicated listening room, yow lookey bugger!

no wonder people rate the virgo's, one of the best speakers (regardless of money) that i've ever heard. i can see its goinf to be alate night for you toneet mate ;-)

A.N., Aug 3, 2006
  10. kingsxfan

pidge22

Hi Phil,
    where are you based?.....

Paul

pidge22, Aug 5, 2006
Ask a Question