Icon Audio Stereo 40 MKIII

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by glenann, Jun 22, 2010.

1. glenann

glenann

For sale is my 4 month old Icon Audio Stereo 40 MKIII amplifier. I have all the boxes etc and it comes with a tester to bias the valves.
    The amplifier itself weighs in at 25Kg and has been specified by me to have the Jensen cap upgrade.
    I also upgraded the valves, so that it has 2 x TJ Full music 6SN7's, 1 x TJ Full Music 6SL7 and Shuguang Black Treasure KT-88's. The 274B valve rectifier is standard. The KT-88's arrived a few weeks later and they made a significant difference to the sound.
    The amp itself can be run either as a 40 watt amp in Ultralinear mode, or 20 watt's in triode (which I prefer and use). There are also 4 and 8 Ohm taps and it has remote control for the volume.
    This is an excellent introduction to valves in one neat and rather heavy box! It works really well with my Living Voice OBX-R2's, but be aware it takes 30 to 45 minutes to reach it's full potential. As I don't have masses of time when I listen, for me it needs to reach max sound quality almost instantly.... Also the kids have come close to touching the hot valves, drawn like moths to a flame!
    Full specs can be found here.
    With all the upgrades the amp caost £2075. I was thinking as it's only 4 months old , in the region of £1200, which I think is a fair price. Please feel free to make an offer though if you want. You won't offend me, I'll just say no... :)

I'll try and post some pics when I can figure out how to do it!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
    glenann, Jun 22, 2010
  2. glenann

glenann

3. glenann

glenann

Reduced to £1100.00 ono. I need to move this on, so offers welcome.

Cheers

glenann, Jun 28, 2010
  4. glenann

glenann

SOLD.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2010
    glenann, Jul 1, 2010
Ask a Question