ICS London

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ats, Apr 21, 2005.

1. ats

ats

Anyone ever had anything to do with ICS (International Computer Systems) London, as I'm thinking about doing a .Net training course with them. You're, alledgedly, guaranteed a job at the end of the course.

Cheers

ats, Apr 21, 2005
  2. ats

sideshowbob Trisha

How can any company guarantee a job? Sounds like marketing waffle to me.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Apr 21, 2005
  3. ats

ats

After looking into it further I'd have to agree.

ats, Apr 21, 2005
  4. ats

penance Arrogant Cock

they are all the same
    i did a course in C with computeach, lets just say i wouldnt waste urine on them if they were on fire

penance, Apr 21, 2005
  5. ats

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I've seen all these advertisments before, if I thought it was genuine I would not have wasted three years of my life at university, even a degree dosn't guarentee anything.

If you want to learn .NET teach yourself or try and find a course at a local comunity college.

I have taught myself .NET for my final year project depending on your existing programming experience it is not that hard to pick up. These days to get jobs in the software industry you either need a lot of experience in which you can back up or a degree.

You often need a degree to get that experience as well unless you are a mature person work experience does count.

I've had some dealings with training companies and none of them knew what they were doing, I just ended up wasting a lot of my time. I think a city and guild would probably be a good idea if you just want to learn a programming language rather than all the theory behind it.

Also I believe trading standards have been invovled in these types of companies quite a few times. There seems to be a lot of genuine and very good oppurtunities in the construction industry but the software industry it becoming to cut throat as I am about to find out.

amazingtrade, Apr 21, 2005
  6. ats

greg Its a G thing

I second AT's rec. A City & Guilds qual in programming might sound like a joke but having graduated with a BA (Hons) in Fine Art - I did a C&G Level 1, 2 and 3 in the C language. I found it really taught me a great deal about the practical and theoretical aspects of structured programming. I got my first job a few months after finishing and have worked as a software developer for the past 8 years and still look back with gladness because it really set me up in terms of skills and practice.

greg, Apr 21, 2005
Ask a Question