Impulse H2 NOW WITH PICTURES!!!!

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by stevehunt, Jun 12, 2008.

1. stevehunt

stevehunt Steve

I have a pair of Impulse H2's for sale, really did not want to put them on ebay, there are few on there that know what they are... Will email pics on request, my place is simply too small for me to set them up properly, but will do so for any prospective buyer that gives me a bit of notice...

Having now got them out, can see they need a tidy up with the cloth (damned my cats, should have got a goldfish..!) Am a cabinet maker so I will do a nice job of it..
    Also will need tweeters replacing as one of them has the foam around it damaged. Have seen lots of posts from people who have put in better tweeters at a very reasonable cost, will check this out more thoroughly..

Will be open to offers 'as is', as am a bit tight for free time...

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2008
    stevehunt, Jun 12, 2008
  2. stevehunt

enbee23

More details please!
    Age, condition, price etc.

Pics would be welcome too, to nickbrown ( at ) beeb ( dot ) net

Ta.

enbee23, Jun 12, 2008
  3. stevehunt

Murphydog

I'd like to see them too please
    p(dot)neeve(at)ntlworld(dot)com

Thanks

Murphydog, Jun 12, 2008
  4. stevehunt

stevehunt Steve

Will get them out and photo them tomorrow (Friday)..

Condition… Needs a bit of TLC !! Cabs are excellent… Drive units are fine but one of the drivers (8.5”) has had a small crack in the foam, was like this when I bought them in 2001. It was repaired (the guy who did it was the previous owner and had his own speaker company so did a nice job of it). One of the tweeters needs the foam around it replacing (think that is very simple to do). The cloth has had my damned cat sleeping on it so will clean it up tomorrow for the photos and will be able to show what that is like.. They sound wonderful and will regret parting with them…

When I get them out (will need some help with this tomorrow) I will inspect them thoroughly and photograph anything that is not perfect for you… Any particular aspects that you want close ups of, please let me know…

Will also give you an idea of price tomorrow, really want to inspect them properly first..

stevehunt, Jun 13, 2008
  5. stevehunt

RobHolt Moderator

To any prospective buyer of these fine speakers, if you speak very nicely to JM Labs/Focal they may sell you a pair of TD120TDX tweeters which are a drop in replacement for the original TD120K.

RobHolt, Jun 15, 2008
  6. stevehunt

stevehunt Steve

Thanks Rob..

Have emailed JM Labs for a price and delivery.. Do you know if they are a direct replacement? Does any funky stuff have to be done to the cross-overs?

stevehunt, Jun 15, 2008
  7. stevehunt

Tenson Moderator

You can also try reversing the phase of the tweeter. The one in Rob's and Martin's H2s was the wrong way round really.

Tenson, Jun 15, 2008
  8. stevehunt

stevehunt Steve

Thanks Tenson, will indeed try that... Were Rob's and Martin's out of phase with the mid and bass drivers?

stevehunt, Jun 15, 2008
  9. stevehunt

Tenson Moderator

Well its a tricky one to judge because the bass driver operates at a low level up in to the mid-band. So its a case of being 'more in phase' rather than an absolute thing. The response was smoother thats for sure.

Tenson, Jun 15, 2008
  10. stevehunt

anubisgrau

pardon my ignorance, but can anyone describe what kind of horn loading this speakers utilize? all i see is a normal 2-way floorstander with enormous hole which seems like a mouth of a back loaded horn, right? so a bass/mid driver is back loaded and a tweeter is just as it is, direct radiator?

anubisgrau, Jun 15, 2008
  11. stevehunt

SCIDB Moderator

SCIDB, Jun 16, 2008
  12. stevehunt

stevehunt Steve

After a series of emails I have finally located the replacement tweeters for the Impluse H2's... They are made by JM Labs in France and part number TC 120 K. The price is about £50 each (just waiting for exact price and delivery from SCV in london, the UK distributor).
    Now the bit I have not been able to answer until now. As well as replacing the tweeters, I will refurbish the cloth on the cabs, which is the only other thing that stops them looking like new (damn my cat again!). I am offering these speakers for £1,200 based on collection. They cost me £1450 some 6 years ago...

Anyone interested, please contact me to arrange a viewing/listening, they should be ready in about 1-2 weeks including running in of the tweeters.

I will be open to offers if anyone wants them 'as is' and sort out the tweeters and cloth themselves as I am tight for free time at the moment, but pounce quickly as I will be ordering the tweeters probably on Monday 23rd..

Steve...

stevehunt, Jun 19, 2008
  13. stevehunt

unclepuncle

unclepuncle, Jun 20, 2008
  14. stevehunt

Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe, Jun 20, 2008
  15. stevehunt

elcid

hi Steve.

I would like to know how to contact you about these, please pm or email me, thanks

elcid, Jun 21, 2008
  16. stevehunt

ante

H2

Hello! Do you still have the Impulse H2 for sale? What is the asking price for them?
    Best reagards Andreas Oslo Norway.

ante, Jun 27, 2008
  17. stevehunt

stevehunt Steve

Hi Andreas

Are you based in Oslo? Would be an interesting exercise to post them there! If you look at the postings on this thread, you will see the price I have put them at. I had offered a cheaper price for those that wanted to buy them 'as is', but have now ordered the replacement tweeters from SCV London, and have also organised to refurbish the cloth.. These speakers have generated a lot of interest so far and I get the feeling that the price of £1200 is a real bargain for them.
    Have had 3 people come to listen to them so far, 1 cannot fit such large speakers into his room, another wants to see them when I have finished refurbishing them and the other does not think his wife will let him have them (the greatest problem in hifi methinks!)..
    But yes, they are still available at this time. Reckon I will have them looking like new within a couple of weeks and expect them to sell very quickly then..

Steve...

stevehunt, Jun 28, 2008
  18. stevehunt

flyfisher Flyfisher

I went to see Steve's Impulse H2 speakers today.

The first thing that strikes you is an awsome sound, very dynamic.

My only problem is that my room is just too small to do them justice, but a "normal" sized room would be fine.

These speakers are a bit special, so don't miss this opportunity to land them before some one else does.

Cheers Steve.
    FF

flyfisher, Jun 29, 2008
Ask a Question