Impulse Lali horn loaded speakers

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Mr_Sukebe, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

For sale, my Impulse Lali horn speakers.

These are a 2 way pair of horn loaded speakers, with a beech finish front facia. The Lali's replaced the H6, having a better crossover and more wife friendly finish. They weigh in at around 25kg each, are about 105cm tall, come with spikes and Zanash supplied jumper cables.
    As a pair of speakers, I rate these are being some of the best I've ever heard, regardless of price. I've certainly never heard anything close to their price which I rate as being as good. Whilst buying I heard them against some Living Voice, and prefered the Lali, which are simply more fun to listen to.
    The reason for changing is simple, I've bought their even bigger brothers, i.e. a pair of Impulse Taus, which are 65kg monsters, that sound closer to "real music" than anything else I think I've ever heard. The Lali's are simply a smaller, slightly less dynamic version of the Taus. IMO the Taus/H2s really only work well with some seriously good front end gear, the Lali's are not quite so demanding.

The Lali are fairly high efficiency, rated at around 91db/w and are a very easy load, meaning that low powered valve amps are on the menu.
    In use, they have dynamics some way between conventional dynamic boxes and big Tannoys such as the Westminsters, though without being anything like the size. They do full range fairly well, and are extremely coherent across the range, without anything like the horrible blips that most ported speakers add.

I'm happy to dem to anyone who collects, and live in south London near to Cheam.

I'm looking for £550. As these speakers stopped being made in the late 90's, they're pretty rare.

Any questions, please PM me.

Mr_Sukebe, Sep 17, 2006
  2. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Here's a pic of the speakers.
    If these are not sold in the next week, they go on Ebay.

[​IMG]

Mr_Sukebe, Sep 30, 2006
  3. Mr_Sukebe

GJO

Can't beleive these have not gone.

I have had the 4's 5's and ran a pair of 2's for 12 years,the only reason they sadly went was because they were finished in black ash and did not suit our new room layout.

People you must be :mad: at this price.

GJO, Oct 1, 2006
  4. Mr_Sukebe

yahoodie elbow valves,mmm loverly

i was looking for a pair of these for 2 years, but ended up buying audio physics.

lalis are a steal at that price.

yahoodie elbow, Oct 1, 2006
  5. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

This stunning pair of speakers will be going on the Bay in the next few days unless I get a serious offer.

Mr_Sukebe, Oct 4, 2006
  6. Mr_Sukebe

PSXmad2

Lali horn speakers

Hi, You have a PM. Tony

PSXmad2, Oct 8, 2006
  7. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Now sold.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2006
    Mr_Sukebe, Oct 11, 2006
Ask a Question