Impulse SEAS CA17RC Bass Driver Wanted

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by PSXmad2, Dec 11, 2006.

1. PSXmad2

PSXmad2

I know its a long shot but one of my Impulse Lali speaker bass units has failed and as these drivers arn`t available now I am hoping to find one second hand. It was used in a number of commercial speakers and quite a few DIY kits. Any advise regarding an available replacement also apreciated. tia Tony.

PSXmad2, Dec 11, 2006
  2. PSXmad2

ShinOBIWAN

Are you sure its the CA17RC? Don't suppose you have the H number do you?

There's a CC17RC which is now discontinued but still available to buy:

http://www.seas.no/seas_line/woofers/H630.PDF

It could be that you have an OEM drive unit that was never available to the public. In which case you'd need to have a word with Seas and Impulse.

Alternatively its possible to have drive units reconed, meaning all the moving parts are replaced including the voice coil. You haven't given details of the exact nature of the failure but I'm guessing its a burnt coil because the surrounds on these drivers were rubber and should last a good few years.

ShinOBIWAN, Dec 11, 2006
  3. PSXmad2

PSXmad2

I have taken the drive number fron the site http://www.acoustica.org.uk/impulse/impulse.html
    I have sent a request to SEAS asking about availability/suitability of something in their range. The fault is that the output from one speaker was very faint, I tried all the straight foward things such as swopping speaker leads, swopping the amps over, then I removed the cross over from the circuit and in comparrisson to the other bass driver the output is approx 1/8th, it is there but very faint, I then resoldered all the joints to the speaker and to the cross over but to no avail. So my hunt began. Regards Tony.

PSXmad2, Dec 11, 2006
  4. PSXmad2

PSXmad2

If it helps these are the number on the driver - SEAS H3310 SR142/6, and information online has suggested H223. Any help would be much appreciated.

PSXmad2, Dec 11, 2006
  5. PSXmad2

ianb

According to the Falcon Acoustics website, they have one CA17RC left in stock. I have no idea how up to date the page is, and there's some stuff about them having a closing down sale. Worth contacting them, I guess.

Ian

ianb, Dec 12, 2006
  6. PSXmad2

PSXmad2

Thanks for the info Ian, I found that site & have been in touch with Falcon, they still have it so I am arranging payment as we speak. Tony.

PSXmad2, Dec 13, 2006
Ask a Question