in laws

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by johnhunt, Oct 23, 2004.

1. johnhunt

johnhunt recidivist

i must be blessed. my in laws are lovely. their french ,come to visit wieghed down with vin and cantal. behave themselves, spoil my my little girl and brighten the place up no end.

anybody else?

johnhunt, Oct 23, 2004
  2. johnhunt

julian2002 Muper Soderator

when i had in laws they were in the usa and i was in england. now i have ex-in laws, even better.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Oct 23, 2004
  3. johnhunt

johnhunt recidivist

it would make life sooo much easier of my mother in law lived locally but there you go

johnhunt, Oct 24, 2004
  4. johnhunt

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

My in-laws are German, which means that they're not living on top of us. We get a nice, free holiday a couple of times a year, they're excellent baby-sitters and my father-in-law is into sound recording and hi-fi (weird German mods and ionic tweeters).

Beat that. :)

7_V, Oct 25, 2004
  5. johnhunt

iancity

nice -in -laws -ure kiddin?

Please don't get me started. I thought the old Mother-in-law jokes were just rumour, but Oh no, they do exist. Hope my wife does'nt read this or its a divorce but here goes.....
    Never ever ever have I been good enough for her Daughter -according to her I am only after one thing (been married 8 years now, still dont get it :D ) and still am. House is not good enough, car is not good enough, job is not good enough, hell, we had twin boys and she even complained then that she is not getting the granddaughter she wants, and it wasnt tongue in cheek !!!! How the hell do you compete with that. She constantly promises to look after the kids during holidays, then repeatedly lets me down at the last minute so I have to take day s off work with half an hours notice. We fell out badly 4 years ago after she just walked into our house without asking, since then we have not talked, and its been marvelloue ;) . If she is looking after the kids, when I drop them off the door miraculously opens of its own accord, and when I pick the kids up the same thing happens - I pull up, door opens, kids come out, door closes, and not a Mother-in-law to be seen !

There is loads loads more but don't want to bore you all.

You are very very lucky if you have a decent one who you can get on with.

iancity, Oct 26, 2004
  6. johnhunt

michaelab desafinado

My in laws are great. They are Portuguese (as is my wife) and I live in Portugal, about 20 miles from them. I see them a fair amount - more than my parents (who live in England). I get on extremely well with them.

Michael.

michaelab, Oct 26, 2004
Ask a Question