Interest check - Impulse H6s

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Mr_Sukebe, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Chaps,

I'm looking to see whether anyone may be interested in a pair of Impulse H6s that I've been offered.

Here's a photo:
    [​IMG]

And here's a review of Impulse speakers:
    http://www.acoustica.org.uk/impulse/impulse.html

I've heard some H2s, which I found to have awesome dynamics, but be VERY dry in tonality. I get the impression that the H2s might not be quite so extreme.
    The units I've been offered have some cosmetic scratches and are not in perfect condition, but work well.

If you were interested, would you be willing to pay £400?

Mr_Sukebe, Oct 23, 2005
  2. Mr_Sukebe

firestorm

hi,
    they look like the ones on ebay I was bidding on, I think the highest bid was £310 ?
    if you have the room, then I'd offer him 350 ish...

best of luck

firestorm, Oct 24, 2005
  3. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

They ARE the same units from Ebay.
    In short, I'm trying to cover myself as I've never heard the H6s, but fancy the idea.
    What I'd like to do is try them in my home system, see what they're like and maybe keep them.
    The reason for this post is to see if I have a get out of jail card if I don't like them and wish to sell them on.

To explain. If I buy these at £310, I then need to add the cost of transportation (I would need to hire a car, costing around £40 to do that), meaning a cost to myself of around £350 ish. Assuming that whoever might genuinely make an offer on these will knock me down £50 from the suggested price above, I'd just cover my costs.

So I'm certainly not trying to make a profit, just checking to see if I could clear these on for no loss if I didn't like them.

Mr_Sukebe, Oct 24, 2005
  4. Mr_Sukebe

firestorm

Mr Sukebe
    I haven't heard them personally. like you, I have always liked the idea of them and I'm certainly not criticizing you, far from it. If I had a bigger room to house them in, I would've bid a lot higher, but I had a feeling they might not by domestically compatible and I would have to sell them on again and I took account of this in my bidding.

firestorm, Oct 24, 2005
  5. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

As it happens, then seller has been brill and as he's in my area on Thurs, will be giving me a quick home dem on them.
    I'll drop down a quick update at that point.

As mentioned, I thought the H2s were completely awesome in some areas, bit over the top in others, so the H6s might be a great compromise.

Mr_Sukebe, Oct 24, 2005
Ask a Question