Interest check - Lyngdorf CD-1 and Sugden A21ap

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Corruption, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Corruption

Corruption

Hi there,

I'm thinking of overhauling my system, I have a spare CDP I can use and would like to generate some funds to hopefully purchase a Bel Canto power amp to match my e.One Pre3.

Therefore, my prized Lyngdorf CD-1 and Sugden A21ap power amplifier may be up for sale shortly. Both are in very good condition and fine working order. I have the original box and manual for the CD-1, and a suitable but not original box for the A21ap.

Collection would be preferred for both items (Bristol area), but I can arrange a courier (at extra cost to the buyer).

Ballpark price for the CD-1 would be £550, and I can throw in a 50cm Chord Cobra balanced i/c for an extra £30.

For the A21ap I would be looking for somthing in the region of £400.

Please PM me if you are interested in either of these fine pieces of kit. Or don't, and convince me to keep them :D

Cheers

Neil

Corruption, Jan 13, 2011
  2. Corruption

seasidersrock

You have P/M......

seasidersrock, Jan 14, 2011
  3. Corruption

Corruption

...and replied to.

Corruption, Jan 14, 2011
  4. Corruption

June

Hi, what colour is the amp? (it matters ).
    Thanks

June, Jan 14, 2011
  5. Corruption

Corruption

Hi June,

It's a black model, with just the simple "A21a" legend on the front in gold and a single orange LED next to the power button. It's not the flowery italicized lettering either.

Hope this helps

Neil

Corruption, Jan 15, 2011
  6. Corruption

June

Thanks Neil, I was hoping that it would be a silver finish (to match my A21a integrated), but that was before Sugden told me just this morning that an A21aP would not improve my A21aL integrated (not that the power amp is wanting or that the integrated needs improving - I was just curious as to what an A21aL would sound like with an A21aP).
    After having heard quite a few pre/power combos recently, I was at the Sugden work unit just before Christmas to have my amp serviced and I heard an A21a power amp. It blew my socks off! Absolutely stunning.
    Good luck with the sale - this is such a beautiful sounding piece of kit and it works very nicely with a wide range of non-Sugden components. Somebody should really snap it up before its gone (they don't turn up often).

June, Jan 15, 2011
  7. Corruption

Corruption

Thanks for the update - you may just have persuaded me to keep it ;)

Corruption, Jan 15, 2011
  8. Corruption

Corruption

Lyngdorf CD player needs a new laser so I'll be keeping it for the time being.

Sugden amp is still available for £400 if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Corruption, Jan 19, 2011
Ask a Question