interest check Monitor audio gs20 3 weeks old

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by taz, Apr 25, 2011.

1. taz

taz

bought these three weeks ago brand new in piano silver, rrp of £1799 looking for maybe a swap for something that would work better with my new bel canto evo2 amp and bel canto cd1 or maybe sell cash for the right offer
    let me know what you have
    thanks

taz, Apr 25, 2011
  2. taz

vincula

Hi taz,

What's the problem with the GS20's? I think they're a great pair of boxes and yours are not even run in yet, thus sounding perhaps a bit bright, lacking air and sparkle. Have you played a bit with 'em, moving the speakers around, toe-in, closer to the wall/further into the room, etc?

I'd give them a chance before letting them go so soon. Of course, it's only my subjective opinion, but I don't see them as a bad much to Bel Canto electronics. They need to be broken in as well, and remember a real warm-up before any serious listening session!

Regarding cables, I'd go for thick OFC or choose MA's own silver platted cables, same cables they're internally wired with.

Just a couple of thoughts :)

Regards,

Vincula

vincula, Apr 25, 2011
  3. taz

Monstrous

How much are you after for them?

Monstrous, Apr 25, 2011
  4. taz

taz

i'm not 100% sure I was kind hoping for a swap deal really, make me an offer
    a serious one though
    thanks

taz, Apr 26, 2011
Ask a Question