Intrest check MF KW550 AMP

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by SHAXOS, Jan 20, 2010.

1. SHAXOS

SHAXOS

This is killing me to do this but i MAY have to sell my kw550 amp due to financial reasons. If any one is interested make me a sensible offer and i will see if it can tempt me to sell. The amp is just over a year old and is in MINT AS NEW condition with the packaging. Its had very little use over the year. I only have the inner packaging with me as the rest was very bulky. So essentially it can be transfered securly in a single box as opposed to the box in a box. It will HAVE to be picked up from manchester as it weighs as much as a tank with its power supply. I will only sell for a great offer as i would prefer to keep it and find cash from elsewhere. Also these are no longer available to buy and are amazingly good.
    Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010
    SHAXOS, Jan 20, 2010
  2. SHAXOS

grimlord

considering these were for sale ex dem for £1999 i am willing to offer £1600 in cash which is probably not what you are after but it IS around the going rate. mf im afraid heavily discount when they have newer models, eg a5.5 cd player was around £1900 when first released, 9 months later brand new for £799 at moorgate in sheffield

grimlord, Jan 21, 2010
  3. SHAXOS

SHAXOS

Sorry grimlord but a kw500 i was watching on ebay was sold for excess of 1800 this week. Mine is a model above so ill be looking for more. Ill keep the offer in mind.
    Regards

SHAXOS, Jan 21, 2010
  4. SHAXOS

grimlord

it sold for £1753, on 3rd jan one sold for £1496. 2 kw550's remained unsold on ebay with starting prices of £2200 and £2400 respectively. i was watching all them but would rather not buy from ebay.
    cheers
    Graham

grimlord, Jan 21, 2010
  5. SHAXOS

nando nando

the kw550 is a superve amp, it is worth £1800.00 + bare in mind m.f. warrantee does not carry,
    regards,
    nando.

nando, Jan 21, 2010
  6. SHAXOS

SHAXOS

Thats the one sorry! £1753. Still a lot more than 1600.

Thanks Nando. It most certainly is a stunning amp. I will try my best to keep it (trying to raise money elsewhere).

SHAXOS, Jan 21, 2010
  7. SHAXOS

doug2507

The one at £2200 and £2400 was the same amp and way overpriced. £1800 would be a fair price.

doug2507, Jan 22, 2010
  8. SHAXOS

Peaman

Keep the amp, don't sell it.

Take it to John Sampson (http://www.jsaudiorepairs.co.uk/aboutus.html) and have it upgraded, with the better power supply (you'll struggle to lift it afterwards) and his other little tricks. Once he's finished with it, you'll never look at another amp.

I had the same mods done on my KW500 and it transforms it from being alright, to stunning. I can't stress enough, how the amp has been transformed. It has huge dynamic range now, but with finesse. The Bass always disappointed me in it's original guise, but now, when asked it will go low, with effortless control.

I just think it's worth having a chat, before you ditch a lovely piece of kit, with so much more potential. Sure there's loads of fancy kit out there, but your amp will and can give you so much more.

Peaman, Jan 22, 2010
  9. SHAXOS

simplesimon

One sold in edinburgh over xmas at £1600. So its seems the range is £1600-1800. I'll be happy tomake an offer if you can advise where you are. BR

simplesimon, Jan 22, 2010
  10. SHAXOS

grimlord

you have yet to state what sort of price you are after. I was expecting to haggle i open around £1600 you open at your price and we meet in the middle somewhere. I know you only asked for an interest check but people will only be interestd were the price right

grimlord, Jan 22, 2010
  11. SHAXOS

SHAXOS

Thanks for the replies guys. Without meaning to sound too flippant and disrespectful i obviously would like as much as i can get :). So make me a sensible offer and ill consider it. To give you an idea i will consider nothing below 1800 as mine is a mint example and there are not many around. Like i said i would prefer not to sell and as i type am trying to get alternate funding sorted. It is an interest check post to see what i COULD get for it to see if it can tempt me to sell.

Simplesimon im located in manchester.

Kindest regards...

SHAXOS, Jan 22, 2010
  12. SHAXOS

Peaman

You can't say fairer than that guys!!

Peaman, Jan 22, 2010
  13. SHAXOS

Wudster

Hi Shaxos

I'll give you £1,850 for it and can come and collect it any night next week with the cash.

What do you think?

Thanks

Wudster

Wudster, Jan 23, 2010
  14. SHAXOS

SHAXOS

Hi Wudster. Thanks for the offer. Im seriously considering it. Ill let you know either way soon.

SHAXOS, Jan 24, 2010
  15. SHAXOS

nando nando

the best mod you can do to the kw550 is to change the valves to a pair of philips 6188's usa made ecg,
    nando.

nando, Jan 24, 2010
  16. SHAXOS

SHAXOS

Dear all,
    Thank you so much for all the comments and even offers. But i am delighted to say i have managed to get a loan from a friend that will tide me over for the moment at least. So i will be keeping the amp for the moment. My situation could change in the future if it does ill let people know. But for now i can continue with this wonderful amp! Appologies to all those that were interested.
    Kindest regards

SHAXOS, Jan 24, 2010
  17. SHAXOS

SHAXOS

Nando just out of interest - this valve replacement you talk about:-
    Does it void the warranty? What difference does it make? Also what sort of cost are we talking? Thanks in advance mate :)

SHAXOS, Jan 24, 2010
Ask a Question