Introductions

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by I-S, Feb 14, 2005.

1. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Right, now that all the fun and games of the server move have died down, time to introduce some people...

www.enscape.net - who are we?

Essentially a band of random miscreants, collected from the deepest, darkest corners of the web, we came together at some indeterminate time to form a computer hardware website, blagged-hardware.

We stuttered along, and then changed our name to enscape.net at some indeterminate point in the past (we keep careful records, see?). People have come and gone, but there is basically a core group:

Slink - very occasionally known as Dave Smith, but even his mum calls him Slink. The original brain behind blagged, and to this day remains truly mental.

Brad - Once known as Phil Howe, there turned out to be lots of people called phil while he was at university. So he became Bradford Phil, then Bradford, and now just Brad. Face of a thousand photo-chops and a contender for beard of the year.

I suppose after that there's me. Originally picked out of the mire that bit-tech.net forums was becoming because I took an engineering view of the computer, rather than the sysadmin view that 99.999% of people there took. Overclocking and big fans was my forte in a former life.

At some point, somewhere we picked up telkman. Not entirely sure how or where, but we did. I blame Slink. Anyhow, over the years he's become quite the server demon, and is the man to thank for the spectacular anti-climax that was the Zerogain server swap.

And some of you may already know zoomer. He's a sort of sysadmin type person. Well, you need a few of them around.

We have a laugh, occasionally do something, then spend more time having a laugh until we decide we should do something again.

Find us at #enscape on quakenet, for those of an IRC bent. As suggested in my other thread, some sort of zerogain chat system may soon follow.

I-S, Feb 14, 2005
  2. I-S

Telkman Nurturing Malevolence

I'm not that much of a server demon, I just seem to be around when things go wrong - oddly no-one has worked out quite why that is of yet...

If you happen to have any forum recommendations, questions or problems, I'll no doubt be behind them somewhere, so feel free to get in contact with me and I'll try and sort it all out.

Telkman, Feb 14, 2005
  3. I-S

Zoomer

Hello all, ya not been active that much lately on here but supose I better keep it up now.

look foward to helping out a bit if I can and continuing the good sperit of the site.

Zoomer, Feb 14, 2005
  4. I-S

penance Arrogant Cock

mmmm, big fans:D >120mm??

penance, Feb 15, 2005
  5. I-S

Slink Lurker!

<flex>

Slink, Feb 15, 2005
  6. I-S

robs

So which one of you whizz kids can add a fire extinguisher to Isaac's avatar!!??

And make it work...

..without him noticing...

:D

robs, Feb 15, 2005
  7. I-S

Sgt Rock

Andy, now these are big fans :-

[​IMG]

7 x 120mm & 3 x 80mm :D

Yes it is 18 inches square :eek:

Sgt Rock, Feb 15, 2005
  8. I-S

technobear Ursine Audiophile

Ye Gods! That must sound like a hovercraft! :eek:

technobear, Feb 15, 2005
  9. I-S

Slink Lurker!

Fun thing about big suction fans, I went to a LAN event once, and some french guy was sleeping on the floor next to my PC tower, I turned it on one morning and sucked his golden locks into my 92mm intake fan at the front of the PC, obviously he wasent too happy

Slink, Feb 15, 2005
  10. I-S

penance Arrogant Cock

Andy
    Thats sheer pr0n mate:D
    nearly as sexy as Madge;)

I worked on extract fans at an MOD underground site, 8foot fans, hubba hubba!!!

penance, Feb 15, 2005
  11. I-S

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

My PC is virtualy silent, what a difference a brilliant power supply makes. My PIII on the other hand sound like a bomb has gone off, and thats made by IBM.

amazingtrade, Feb 15, 2005
  12. I-S

penance Arrogant Cock

Thats because IBM suck;)

penance, Feb 15, 2005
  13. I-S

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Yep but it was dirt cheap, the motherboard is surprisingly a standard Micro ATX one so I will just stick in a new case before selling it on. Although this is case is the same size as a small DVD player but longer at the back. It won't take full height PCI cards :mad:

amazingtrade, Feb 15, 2005
Ask a Question