Ipod Docks

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by bottleneck, Feb 27, 2009.

1. bottleneck

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Thought I'd start a thread on this, haven't seen one yet.

I like Ipod docks. My next door neighbour has the £170 Bose one. It sounds great (IMO), but is a little heavy to take on holidays. Great for a fixed place if you want to spend that much though.

I've just bought this one for myself - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Au...TOOG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1235765888&sr=8-1

Tell you what, it sounds bloody good for the money, can't quite believe it. £37! ridiculous. It's half it's original price. 2 x 2.5 inch drivers doesnt sound beefy, but it is for an ipod dock. This thing is just 10% off the sound of the BOSE (IMO!) but for no-money. It's light enough to take on hols, if a little bulky (not that bad though.

I only really have one criticism, no internal battery it takes AA's. I like the fact it has a regular jack input for Sansa's, MP3 stick players etc - great touch. A video out also. Can't really fault it - in fact I went to John Lewis and heard a range of Docks costing up to about £120 (as much as I wanted to look at spending), and then chickened out and bought a cheaper one on Amazon. Glad I did though, as this sounds as good as the £100-£120 ones, and apart from the battery thing is just as good I reckon.

So, if you have an Ipod Dock, which one did you go for, what do you think?

I'm all for portable music :)

NB
    Dont like that B&W zepplin one that much ... I mean.... what's the point if its THAT big?!

bottleneck, Feb 27, 2009
  2. bottleneck

timreeves

I got mum the better of the 2 bose docks for christmas.
    Sounds bloody terrible :)

In fact I've yet to hear one i like, and don't get me started on those ridiculous "fatman" valve docks.

timreeves, Feb 27, 2009
  3. bottleneck

you think that bad?

I think the Bose sounds great - for the size and weight/shape of it.

I certainly cant compare with a full blown hifi, but thats why I don't like the B&W zepplin one ....is it a portable dock or a fixed hifi?

bottleneck, Feb 27, 2009
  4. bottleneck

SMEagol Because we wants it...

I heard that Zep - that horrible lifestyle hifi sound that usually has plebs pressing the volume control in John Lewis's - yuck.

My brother went for this after listening to - A LOT!
    It seriously kicks butt, he uses it with his company projector for that at the cinema film experience - yes, its that good.

It, erm, goes very loud.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LOGIC3-MIP1...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1235768270&sr=1-70

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
    SMEagol, Feb 27, 2009
  5. bottleneck

DarrenW

Bottleneck
    does the one you got work with ipod touch? my daughter is looking for one and this seems ideal if it will work - all the bargains we have found thus far require a lead or don;t charge the unit

sounds like a nobrainer if it does work with the touch

rgds
    darren

DarrenW, Feb 28, 2009
  6. bottleneck

muzzer

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009
    muzzer, Mar 1, 2009
  7. bottleneck

Hi Darren - couldnt tell you sorry. It has those little plastic trays though, so if it doesnt come with the right tray you could proabably get one as muzzer says.

It charges my classic, dont know whether it would a touch.

Muzzers Klipsch is supposed to be a great one for sound quality, I keep hearing about it. Depends what you want to spend I guess.

bottleneck, Mar 1, 2009
  8. bottleneck

Neil

Neil, Mar 1, 2009
  9. bottleneck

lbr monkey boy

I got the missus a Klipsch dock for Christmas. It's very good as far as these things go (shoved in a corner on top of a bookcase).

lbr, Mar 1, 2009
Ask a Question