ipswich cafe

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by themadhippy, Dec 21, 2003.

1. themadhippy

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

Anyone recomend a good greasy spoon (cafe) near ipswich railway station thats open from 8AM ?
    Due to anglian railways inabilaty to offer connections that actually make sense im going to be stuck in ipswitch for 1 1/2 -2 hours between trains :confused:for some reason ive got to catch the 7am train from lowestoft if i want to be in harwich for 10.30am,at least the dutch railways make more sense

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2003
    themadhippy, Dec 21, 2003
  2. themadhippy

Rory satisfied

none that spring to mind mate-
    you've got to go into the Buttermarket shopping centre really- theres some cafes in there...
    coming out of the railway station, head straight down the road (it goes slightly downhill, and theres a bridge immediately infront of you).
    Keep on going, past some car garages on your left, and the road bends round to the right.

Straight over the roundabout (theres a black glass building on the right) and straight over the next junction. Keep on going till you get to a pedestrian precient. Turn right, so that the Barclays Bank is on your left. The Buttermarket is on your right, after about 50 yards. Cheers.

Rory, Dec 21, 2003
  3. themadhippy

stumblin Kittens getting even...

Rory, you'll have to check this one for accuracy - been many a year since I was in Ipswich.

I thought that if you turned left straight out of the station you'll come to a Sainsbury's that has a cafe near by (not the supermarket cafe). Don't know what time it opens though.)

stumblin, Dec 22, 2003
  4. themadhippy

cheers chaps,might just have to be a sainsburys all day breakfast,should still be cheaper than the rip off merchants at the station

themadhippy, Dec 22, 2003
  5. themadhippy

stumblin Kittens getting even...

I can't remember the distance mind - could be a quick jaunt or a mighty trek. Sorry.

stumblin, Dec 22, 2003
  6. themadhippy

Rory satisfied

don't think Jacks Cafe is open at 8, stumblin, and the Sainsbury's opens at 9 iirc.

However, I've just remembered there is a McDonalds just before you get to the Sainsbury's. So if you take a left out of the station main entrance, and just keep on going straight for about 10 minutes.
    McDs will be open from 7, I think.

Rory, Dec 22, 2003
  7. themadhippy

cheers for the warning i'll avoid it ;)

themadhippy, Dec 22, 2003
Ask a Question