It looks like I will be DJ'ing with a Project Debut II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Sep 13, 2005.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I am quite angry the motor has gone on my Gemini after just 20 hours use, I changed the cartridge last week and threw the original in the bin. I don't want to take the TT back with the Ortofon cartridge on becuase its worth £25, we only paid £60 for it.

I knew the deck was a piece of crap but I thought it would be good enough for indie as beat matching is not required so torque and platter stabability isn't that important.

A reliable motor is however. I think we are both going to have to save up to get a Technics 1200 MKII or just use my Project Debut and me laughed at. Thankfully most our stuff is on CD but we still have a lot of vinyl. In a three hour set (9-12) 45 minutes would be vinyl.

amazingtrade, Sep 13, 2005
  2. amazingtrade

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Get second hand Numark decks - they seem pretty robust and they're reasonably cheap :)

As for your Gemini - stuff the lack of cartridge - take it back anyway - it's not of merchantable quality.

domfjbrown, Sep 14, 2005
  3. amazingtrade

Yep although it seems to be working fine now, I am guessing the coil must have got hot in the motor, our extractor fan in the bathroom does exactly the same thing if the outside temperature gets above 30c.

I know a person who owns online shop who said he can do one of these for £110 inc delivery

http://www.discogear.com/shop/product.php/17/0/

I think this might be the best option I just need to get a gig first :)

amazingtrade, Sep 14, 2005
  4. amazingtrade

julian2002 Muper Soderator

at,
    get yourself down crack converters you'll find loads of decks down there i'm sure...

julian2002, Sep 14, 2005
  5. amazingtrade

lordsummit moderate mod

Get the bottom off, and check all the connections. Then check them in the plug, if that doesn't work try changing the mains wire. Sounds more like a loose wire to me. I'm sure a cheap record deck wouldn't have a thermal cut out in the motor.

lordsummit, Sep 14, 2005
  6. amazingtrade

Julian yep but those shops are often more expensive than new becuase they are aimed at poor people who can't afford pay for things with cash.

amazingtrade, Sep 14, 2005
Ask a Question