Italy Vs. France, what are the odds?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sir Galahad, Jul 6, 2006.

?

Italy or France

Poll closed Jul 8, 2006.
  1. Italy

47.4%
  2. France

31.6%
  3. Could not care less

21.1%
  1. Sir Galahad

mr cat Member of the month

at least it was a masterclass in how to take penalties...hope the england players were watching!

mr cat, Jul 10, 2006
  2. Sir Galahad

Dynamic Turtle The Bydo Destroyer

189km and they can manage a sprint finish :confused: :eek:

Sorry, but that is neither HUMAN nor HEALTHY :(

DT

Dynamic Turtle, Jul 10, 2006
  3. Sir Galahad

mr cat Member of the month

its quite possible - when i was in my 20's I was able to ride between 65 and 85 miles (offroad) in a day...tho sometimes it did almost kill me...:D

mr cat, Jul 10, 2006
  4. Sir Galahad

Sir Galahad Harmonia Mundi

Keep in mind that sprinters do not do much in a day. They stay well protected behind their team mates, and preserve all their energy for the last 300 meters or so.
    I personally hate that kind of stage where nothing happens all day, except for three or four poor sods who are led to believe they can make it to the finish line, when in fact the pack knows all along were they are and play cat and mouse with them. The use of RF coms on the Tour has made it even worse.
    But the day after tomorrow is the first mountain stage. Can't wait, especially with some of the cheaters gone, something interesting may happen.

(I did 135 km yesterday, with a few steep hills and no sprint, and I AM dead (could hardly work actually).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2006
    Sir Galahad, Jul 10, 2006
  5. Sir Galahad

Stereo Mic

Just back from 480km over the weekend in Normandy. It's not as difficult as people make out. We would no doubt have been quicker had we had access to some of the medical facilities available to the professionals.

Stereo Mic, Jul 10, 2006
  6. Sir Galahad

MO! MOnkey`ead!

From what I've heard, there was supposed to be something along the lines of "your MOther was a terrorist whore" said.

Maybe as a pro, and a very experienced one, he should have kept it together, but still... I'd have aimed my headbut higher :)

MO!, Jul 12, 2006
Ask a Question