Its nice to know there are still honest people about

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Nov 15, 2006.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I stupidly left my business mobile on the back of a bus yesterday. Once I realised I lost it I phoned it and a west Indian international student answered it, it turns out he had phoned some numbers in it previously (which happened to my customers:mad: ) to try and get it back to me.

He took it because he didn't trust the bus driver to hand in it. Thanks to this man 12 hours later I have my business phone back and I have suffered no financial loss.

I offered him £10 for his trouble but he didn't take it.:)

It is nice to know there are still decent people about and I believe what comes around goes around. I found a phone a few years back in a night club and I did exactly the same thing as this man to and got it back to its owner.

amazingtrade, Nov 15, 2006
  2. amazingtrade

zygote23

Karma.........I'm a firm believer.

Now if someone would only return the Johnny Cash Lp I left on the U Bahn in Berlin a couple of weeks ago ;)

zygote23, Nov 15, 2006
  3. amazingtrade

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

I did the same thing in London for a bloke who dropped his phone while running across a road.

He thought he was going to get mugged or something when I caught up with him, not be handed a mobile phone!!

bottleneck, Nov 15, 2006
  4. amazingtrade

Will The Lucky One

I left my phone in a taxi once here, upon ringing it, the driver answered and then asked for my address so he could drive to my house to give it back to me! I offered him a tenner as well, since bringing it back to me was using his petrol and where I lived wasn't on the route for any of his fares....but he refused to take it! Still plenty of decent people around in this world :)

Will, Nov 15, 2006
  5. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I've found a fair few and managed to return them. Also, when working in a nightclub I've had a few handed into me.

MO!, Nov 15, 2006
  6. amazingtrade

Heavymental

Got any phones for sale Mo!!?

Heavymental, Nov 16, 2006
  7. amazingtrade

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

OMG, there are still some decent peole around, so nice to hear.
    I left my monocular on a coach once. While I was getting off another kind passenger handed it to me and said "I beleive this is yours". I'd have been completely lost without that :)

lhatkins, Nov 17, 2006
Ask a Question