ive just bought

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by rick, Aug 12, 2006.

1. rick

rick

a yamaha pre/power combo from ebay. a c4pre and m4 power. has anyone ever owned one of these? was it any good?
    ive had a few bits of yamaha studio equipment over the years and have been impressed with its hifi qualities but never any of the hifi specific products. after sending a question to the seller he replied that the power amp alone weighed in at 25kg so impulsive me thought that this fact alone justified the £75 asking price.
    what are your thoughts?

rick, Aug 12, 2006
  2. rick

stickman

Nice looking power amp....

http://www.thevintageknob.org/YAMAHA/M4/M4.html gives a bit of detail.

From ebay US auctions, £75 looks like a good price for the pair.

Let us know how it sounds. I'm going thru a phase of buying some 70s/80s kit myself, so am interested.

Attached Files:

• m4.jpg
      m4.jpg
      File size:
      21 KB
      Views:
    stickman, Aug 13, 2006
  3. rick

narabdela

You'll certainly enjoy knob twiddling. I think the C4 has about twenty knobs and switches on the fascia.

narabdela, Aug 13, 2006
  4. rick

rick

thanks for the info, any more would be very helpfull as my browser searches have come up with very little. im expecting mine on the 21st and i will let you know how it performs.

rick, Aug 16, 2006
  5. rick

rick

i did notice on the picture that the toy factor is high, maybe with a bit of luck one of the knobs is a direct. i hate busy facias!
    when i looked at the pair the power amp was the appealing bit so im not over worried about the pre. it might sound great though so fingers crossed.

rick, Aug 16, 2006
Ask a Question