Jadis Js2 Dac

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by alanl, Mar 16, 2005.

1. alanl

alanl

I have been offered a Jadis JS-2 Dac for a very good price. Having not heard any Jadis products and have not been able to find much information on the JS-2.

I'm going to have to buy blind and take a chance that I like the sound, the price is good so should come out even if I need to sell it on. So I'm seeking comments from you guy's regarding sound quality.

The rest of my kit is Theta David transport, Litespeed passive pre, SE-300B mono block (45w), Quad ESL-63

cheers

Alan

alanl, Mar 16, 2005
  2. alanl

Baudrillard

Alan,

I didn't realise that Jadis made Dacs. If the price is cheap perhaps it's worth the risk. However, sometimes it proves more difficult to sell things at the price you were expecting (talkin from experience) for products that you thought would easily hold up their value! The more expensive an item is, the more you potentially stand to loose (possibly hundreds). Not trying to put you off but be careful.

If your contact also stocks second-hand Jadis valve power amps, I would be interested to know, as I am after one (or 2).

Baudrillard, Mar 16, 2005
  3. alanl

titian

Alan,
    I wouldn't buy a Jadis without hearing it before at your place and comparing it with something which would cost you the same.

titian, Mar 18, 2005
Ask a Question