James Brown

Discussion in 'General Music' started by lordsummit, Jun 15, 2004.

1. lordsummit

lordsummit moderate mod

Has anyone else heard the rumour that James Brown is supporting the Red Hot Chili Peppers this week. I'm getting very excited

lordsummit, Jun 15, 2004
  2. lordsummit

SCIDB Moderator

Hi Lordsummit

It is true. James is opening for the RHCP on their current tour. The RHCP are big fans of James Brown. Check out this months MOJO for a RHCP interview & cd but together by the band of some of their fave artists & tracks.

http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/863/James+Brown+(1).html

James Brown can be hit or miss in his shows these days. But worth seeing as he is a legend.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Jun 15, 2004
  3. lordsummit

leonard smalls GufmeisterGeneral

I would have been excited by this once upon a time (in a strictly musical way :eek:), but imho the Chillis haven't done anything worthwhile since Bloodsugarsexmagic, more's the pity..
    I reckon they're older than James Brown now.

Still, they used to be a kicking live band - never forget the gig at The Mean Fiddler where Hillel Slovak had to leave the stage (RIP!), letting the other three get on with it. Amazing, the noise that just a bass, drums and singer can make!

leonard smalls, Jul 3, 2004
  4. lordsummit

lordsummit moderate mod

Leonard you were right, it was JB I was getting excited about. I enjoyed the Chilis but they werent' outstanding. A little too full of their own importance TBH

lordsummit, Jul 3, 2004
  5. lordsummit

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

I went to the Manchester leg of the chillies tour - the first band was called 'chicks on speed' and they were piss poor. People started booing them and throwing beer at them and they got all shirty.

Then James Brown came on - wicked!!!

The Chillies were pissed off that everyone had a go at the chicks on speed - they told everyone off!!!!

I used to like the chillies (they were very good at the V festival last year) - but now I think that they are so far up their own arses that its laughable. Bunch of wankers if you ask me.

Give me Queens of the Stone Age over the chillies anytime.

lAmBoY, Jul 4, 2004
  6. lordsummit

lordsummit moderate mod

Thats the same gig I went too. The chicks on speed were quite possibly the crappest thing I ever did see. They deserved what they got. The Chilis were good but I agree right up their own arses.

lordsummit, Jul 4, 2004
  7. lordsummit

MO! MOnkey`ead!

A few people I know went to the Cardiff gig. I'm not sure if it was Chicks on Speed supporting, but sounds like it. Crowd weren't impressed and made it known.

Have heard mixed views on James Brown too.

MO!, Jul 4, 2004
  8. lordsummit

leonard smalls GufmeisterGeneral

Aye...
    But give me the Infectious Grooves over either of them!
    Check out "Violent and Funky" off "Groove Family Psycho" - Bob Trujillo can show even Flea how to be funky and hard rockin at the same time!

leonard smalls, Jul 5, 2004
Ask a Question