Jaw dropping enhancements in sound quality

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by kmac, Oct 14, 2007.

1. kmac

cooky1257

Given the intemperate nature of some of the threads on ZG this has been mild and for your info I relaxed pages ago-you're still going on like there's a big row.I've offered handshakes and smiles but you're still gobbing off.Take your own advice.

cooky1257, Oct 19, 2007
  2. kmac

Purite Audio Purite Audio

The tannoy 'squawk' is enough to make anyone irritable.

Purite Audio, Oct 19, 2007
  3. kmac

Stereo Mic

Yep that sounds relaxed....:baby:

As Ian says, some of you guys just take any form of criticism way too personally. Take a chill pill and try not to be so offensively defensive in future please.

Stereo Mic, Oct 19, 2007
  4. kmac

ShinOBIWAN

Not half as bad as the shite from TAD. :D

ShinOBIWAN, Oct 19, 2007
  5. kmac

anubisgrau

and now you told him.

anubisgrau, Oct 19, 2007
  6. kmac

cooky1257

Ian made eronious statements, my follow ups just illustrated the reasons why I was entitled to comment.
    -SM you're entitled to your opinion regarding Tannoys or anything else it doesn't bother me at all, you can even describe my system as 'pseudo pro' (pseudo means false matey as I'm sure you know.) if you wish.
    Between you you've made some of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read on here-more in keeping with the audiofools you disdain so much and I think you both know it hence the attempt at diversion into "calm down you're taking it personal " bollocks-no ones even remotely angry.Suck it up.

cooky1257, Oct 19, 2007
  7. kmac

Purite Audio Purite Audio

You've heard Mike's speakers.

Purite Audio, Oct 19, 2007
  8. kmac

Robbo

What a silly thread.

Robbo, Oct 19, 2007
  9. kmac

ShinOBIWAN

What does that have to do with anything?

It was a joke, no need to hide behind someone else or make remarks to try and drag them into it.

I repeat it was a joke. That isn't an admission that TAD is any good though. :D

ShinOBIWAN, Oct 19, 2007
  10. kmac

Stereo Mic

Couldn't agree more Robbo - it never ceases to amaze me how defensive some kids get over their audio systems. Grown men acting like 7 year olds, just because someone has the temerity to suggest they might be able to improve their music replay. Quite laughable really.

Stereo Mic, Oct 19, 2007
  11. kmac

penance Arrogant Cock

Fancy a pint?

penance, Oct 19, 2007
  12. kmac

la toilette Downright stupid

Yes please.

la toilette, Oct 19, 2007
  13. kmac

Nomoretweaks Tourist on tilt

Compressor drivers versus conventional ones used in 99 per cent of 'speakers.

Nomoretweaks, Oct 22, 2007
  14. kmac

SCIDB Moderator

Hi,

All the Half Life talk is now in the General chat.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Oct 22, 2007
  15. kmac

sandgrownun

My biggest improvement was switching from passive Gale standmounts (can't remember the model name, they had metal grilles) with AVI / LK120 amp to ATC50A(ctives) on the AVI pre-amp.

sandgrownun, Oct 23, 2007
  16. kmac

banpe2006

Does anyone have the most recent Paul McCartney album - memory almost full? If you do, im sure that you will have noticed, through whatever system you have, that it is over recorded, compressed distorted and made to sound more loud and exciting to make sales. Very coincidental as the initial track was released on the net. -MP3 etc. (A common ploy in todays music industry). The album is a good one. There are some beatle - esque tracks and as a Beatles fan, I found this a good album. I would have liked it to be a better "sounding" album, ie accoustic guitars, clear and realistic drums and cymbals etc, but the mastering process has taken that away. If people disagree that sound quality can hinder enjoyment , try playing the let it be (original) album by the beatles, compared to the re mastered version by George Martin. the 1st effort ( admittedly , with Phil Spector on board) is one of the poorest recordings of any Beatles album and I always found it difficult to see past the crappy sound. Some of the good songs on that album are let down by very inferior recording / mastering. This was the biggest band of all time! Surely we deserve better. The remastered version is a delight as is the cirque de soleil remastered version of Beatles Love album. To say that the sound quality doesnt effect enjoyment initially may be right, but when a better or improved version is available, you go with that Surely? Some of the tracks on the early Let it Be didnt interest me at all, but with the remastered version, my enjoyment of the same song is enhanced ten fold. try track 6 Ive got a feeling....It sounds superb in every respect on the remastered album, but dogshit on the early one. Anyone who claims that crap recordings dont make a difference need to get their ears cleaned.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2007
    banpe2006, Oct 23, 2007
  17. kmac

banpe2006

PS biggest speaker upgrade Spendor BC1 to Wilson Benesch arcs. Thing is now, I still have the BC1 s, but have moved the arcs on. Go Figure!

banpe2006, Oct 23, 2007
Ask a Question