JM Labs / Focal Electra 926

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Monstrous, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Monstrous

Monstrous

Looks like I'll be acquiring a set of JM Labs Electra 926's in the coming weeks. I can't seem to find much on the web about them though, so was wondering what impressions you guys had of them, if any?

I will be partnering them with a Musical Fidelity A3 integrated and I will pick up an X-Ray or A3 series CD player soon too. How will these integrate with the speakers?

Moving up from a Mission 782/Nad C326bee setup, so I'm expecting a fair bit from the new setup :).

Thanks,
    Darren

Monstrous, Feb 15, 2011
  2. Monstrous

nando nando

you will find the mf a3 will staugle to high or mid volume levels with those jm labs.

nando, Feb 15, 2011
  3. Monstrous

moo-fi

I use 936's which like lots of power, I use a couple of hundred watts and I suspect some more current would help. As the 926 are very similar I would expect them to behave much the same. Watch the tweeters though as they are delicate items, I am on my third set thanks to my other half and use copper cabling rather than silver as they don't need any help up the top end. The only other things I think of is to give them lots of room and stand by for lots of tweaking of speaker position to get them on song but it isn't subtle when you get it right as they will disappear.

Fred

moo-fi, Feb 20, 2011
  4. Monstrous

Tenson Moderator

Are you certain you weren't burgled, and the not subtle change in sound you are now enjoying is silence?

Tenson, Feb 20, 2011
  5. Monstrous

moo-fi

Now that would be wishful thinking, then I could go shopping for a nice pair of horns with the insurance.

moo-fi, Feb 24, 2011
  6. Monstrous

Monstrous

Ended up with a pair of ProAc Studio 130's, demo'd them and couldn't leave the shop without them! :D

Monstrous, Feb 25, 2011
Ask a Question