jonathan ross, last night.........?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DavidF, Apr 21, 2007.

1. DavidF

andyoz

Hey, there's always the Charlotte Church show...

At least JR doesn't feel compelled to sing with every act that appears at the end of the show :eek:

andyoz, Apr 23, 2007
  2. DavidF

JCL

Ummm... I think the point I was trying to make is that something that offends certain people can be hilarious to other people. I find it quite bizarre when people feel the need to complain about one persons take on comedy. As a performance medium I find it quite inoffensive. Music for example offends me far more. I've sent many a complain letter to various radio stations for playing Phil Collins and Chris Rea.

JCL, Apr 23, 2007
  3. DavidF

mr cat Member of the month

which is so embarrassing...:rolleyes:

mr cat, Apr 23, 2007
  4. DavidF

andyoz

I really miss the "Friday Night Project". Completely trashy TV but I have to admit I have a slight addiction to it. I think they are back for a longer series now that Charlotte is pregnant.

Re. Charlotte, I am always amused at the American "stars" they get on her show as they generally have a ..."I'm going to kill my agent for booking me on this pile of crap!!" look in their eyes.

andyoz, Apr 23, 2007
  5. DavidF

Gulliver

My pennys worth.

Nobody thinks Jonathon Ross is as funny as Jonathon Ross.

We all have every right to complain about him in particular, as our license fee money goes to reward him handsomely. How many million is he supposed to get a year?

For my part, I don't watch him, I consider him a self indulgent prat.

I also know that when he's been at awards ceremonies being paid £50K+ a day to give out awards, he got drunk, abused the losers and ridiculed the whole industry.

Speak as you find, but I'd rather, like the Royal family, he just didn't get any more exposure.

Gulliver, Apr 23, 2007
  6. DavidF

DavidF

I have to say i have limited knowledge of JR generally...I had just finshed for 4x12 hr nights shifts and was looking for soemthing REASONABLY light hearted to crash out infront of....

" That really is missing the point by a spectacularly wide margin."

yes, I think it was really.

DavidF, Apr 23, 2007
  7. DavidF

JCL

:zzzz:

JCL, Apr 24, 2007
  8. DavidF

Joe

JR is a twat, full stop. But I watch so little television that I'm hardly likely to be offended accidentally by seeing him being a twat.

With regards to 'the funniest thing I've ever seen on television', it's a tie between Vic Reeves impersonations of Lloyd Grossman and Barry White in 'The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer' and Paul O'Grady exchanging good-natured insults with Cilla Black on Parkinson a few years back.

Joe, Apr 25, 2007
  9. DavidF

smegger68

[​IMG]

Quite frankly, I think he's a lucky bleeder!

smegger68, Apr 25, 2007
  10. DavidF

Dev Moderator

Some of us are just jealous:D.

Those heels could scratch the table if she's not careful:D.

Dev, Apr 25, 2007
  11. DavidF

mr cat Member of the month

yeah, she lovely for a 39/40 year old...!

mr cat, Apr 25, 2007
  12. DavidF

PF91

She should have given him a bloody hard slap.
    I've always thought Ross to be a complete tosser.

PF91, Apr 25, 2007
  13. DavidF

Heavymental

To be fair she was quite game. I don't think JR really thought he'd get that result. Makes good tv, although I found myself a bit embarrassed for the poor girl!

I do quite like JR though. Although he thinks alot of himself I think its always clear that he's joking. His buddy Gervais has really got on my nerves with his constant chat about all his awards and such. JR does it in a much funnier, self depreciatory way I think. I think he's a naturally funny person and good value. I found it quite funny when he went on the Chris Moyles show a few weeks ago and really showed up the divide between a natural talent and a talentless dullard.

His radio 2 show on a saturday is very good.

Heavymental, Apr 25, 2007
  14. DavidF

DavidF

would n't go as far as to say I was offended.....I just thought he put PK in an embaressing situation......thats all...

for all I know it might all have been rehearsed/planned before hand

DavidF, Apr 25, 2007
  15. DavidF

DocFoster

Personally I found it slightly embarrassing from her point of view - she was a little undignified. Wholly in keeping with JR's character though. I'm always surprised that so many of the female guests seem to fancy the fattening 40 year old.

I wasn't offended though.

Whilst I would speak up for the right of those of you who were offended to voice the offence JR causes you, your offence must not, in itself be a reason to remove Wossy from our screens. Causing offence is the whole point of the freedoms of speech and action. Providing no-one is hurt or defrauded we all must be legally permitted to offend. If causing offence becomes non-permissible (legally or simply by some self-censoring aspect of society) we are enslaved to the over-sensitivities of others.

Long live liberty!

DF

DocFoster, Apr 25, 2007
  16. DavidF

narabdela

I don't think anyone has suggested that he be removed from our screens, but we can exercise our freedom to consider him a tw*t.

narabdela, Apr 25, 2007
  17. DavidF

DavidF

agreed

Well OK ....but I do think the TV producers (as a general term)have a responsibility to produce material that gnerally acceptable to the viewing public.

(i'm not saying that the JR/PK show was not.....IIRC the show was on quite late.....no probs...)

IMO violence is re-enacted off screen.....sorry but i'm sure it is...

Maybe i'm taking your comment out of context.

DavidF, Apr 25, 2007
  18. DavidF

DavidF

yes.

DavidF, Apr 25, 2007
  19. DavidF

Gulliver

Taking Doc Foster's point,

I would defend his right to be a tw*t, and say what he wants.

But I do feel cheated when an involuntary tax, channeled to a largely self serving quasi government body (the BBC) is used to swell his bank balance. Like a lot of comedy, it has a shelf life, and IMHO you can get very tired of him quickly.

I'm equally annoyed by Gordon Ramsay, but at least I can turn over knowing that the license fee I pay, doesn't support him.

Gulliver, Apr 26, 2007
  20. DavidF

Bob McC living the life of Riley

I'm exercising my freedom to say I think he should be off the screen forever, or at least until his mental age exceeds 15.

Bob McC, Apr 26, 2007
Ask a Question