Jungson Magic Boat

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by zygote23, Jul 6, 2006.

1. zygote23

zygote23

I have my eye on the Tube version cd/sacd player by Jungson. Any opinions would be welcome. It'll be teamed with Icon Audio 40i, Proac 140's and some Zanash IC and speaker cable!

zygote23, Jul 6, 2006
  2. zygote23

alanbeeb Grumpy young fogey

Could be quite nice... I heard it with the Jungson big class A integrated and a a huge pair of aerofoil shaped piano black floorstanders, also by Jungson. Very nice indeed.

alanbeeb, Jul 6, 2006
  3. zygote23

Dynamic Turtle The Bydo Destroyer

I was looking at this too recently but ditched the idea. Basically, the transport mech is a Sony KHM-280AAA which has a horrid reliability record and although readily & easily replaceable, is hardly the last word in quality transports. Given how absolutely critical transport quality is for dual format players, you might want to think carefully about this.

Unfortunately a great many excellent sounding chinese sacd players use sony KHM mechs - Shanling scd-t200, Cayin scd-t50, Consonance sacd 2.0 etc. All fine & dandy for a few years and then.......

Incidentally, the XLR's aren't transformer-coupled and the tube output is only available on the single-ended outputs....

DT

Dynamic Turtle, Jul 6, 2006
  4. zygote23

zygote23

Hmm details I can see say it uses the KHM 23AAA transport...not that this means anything to me whatsoever. I am kind of stuck here and will probably have to pick up something on recommendation rather than audition.

Any other ideas as to what I should llok at would be welcome.

Cheers for your input and advice.

zygote23, Jul 6, 2006
  5. zygote23

norkle

I have the SACD version and it great apart from it cuts the last half a second (ish) off the end of CD's and I can't find out why or get any helpwith it. I live in the UK.

norkle, Mar 7, 2007
Ask a Question