Just fallen out with my best friend.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Nov 10, 2005.

1. amazingtrade

Tenson Moderator

Weirdo! :eek:

Tenson, Nov 10, 2005
  2. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

It doesn't come across that way.

Good luck with your mate. Don't try and *win* an argument. Just say your piece.

MO!, Nov 10, 2005
  3. amazingtrade

auric FOSS

Two people and no egos may well be the recipe for friendship but as others have already hinted it may take a bit of effort on both sides to make it work.

auric, Nov 11, 2005
  4. amazingtrade

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

AT "The reason I want to go down that path is for personal reasons and nothing to do with money, I will probably be earning less than £10k (wages) in my first year of trading."

With the greatest of respect you are on a forum saying you friend dosn't like you any more. Starting a business for personal reasons is always going to be the wrong footing. Although you go through the motions of understanding whats going to happen, I am not confident your really are.

In other words if someone has said something about you, you don't like, how the heck are you going to survive in running a business?

Best of luck with it anyway I don't mean to come over negative, but some of your posts sound very much like you are depressed. In this circumstance giving yourself more pressure in a harsh harsh business world is silly IMO. Go abroad and have some fun for a year. Get off these bloody forums ;)

garyi, Nov 11, 2005
  5. amazingtrade

mr cat Member of the month

plus on the mention of setting up a business - sure it would be more beneficial to work in the industry first to get a feel for it..?

mr cat, Nov 11, 2005
  6. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Lol I get bored of fun though :) As I said before I was rather drunk when I made this thread which is why it is silly on the face of it. I have sorted with my mate now and he has apologised for getting so drunk.

I think he realised that he had been drinking far too much lately and we are going to do somthing this weekend that dosn't involve alchohol.

I can handle rejection, I don't like it but I can handle it, I was rejected from Maplin but I still shop there for example.

I don't think I am depressed but I am not exactly jumping with joy either. It is just somthing I want to do, and now seems like an ideal time as I have not much to loose other than my pride.

Mr Cat - I have worked in the industry part time for a year so I know what is involved and I know much of it is dull paper work but I also knew the feeling my bosses got when they made things happen. Somebody on my course setup a CD-ROM brochure company a few years back (he was two years above me) and has made a lot of money. A uni mate has also setup his own business in clothing so its not as unusual as you would think.

I also have the backing of my parents which is vital.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2005
    amazingtrade, Nov 11, 2005
  7. amazingtrade

Hex Spurt

AT, I have to agree with garyi.

These are only observations, not criticisms, so please take them as they're offered. You seem to be looking for reassurance constantly, and you do come across as one of lifes victims.

I'm not sure if depression is the right diagnosis, but if I were you then I would make an appointment with the doctor to discuss what's going on in your life.

I'm going through something similar with my partner at the moment. A life-long hearing disability, the sense of being an outsider and feelings of frustration. Does any of this sound familiar? It's taken 7 years to get to the point where she's acknowledged there's a problem.

We've got some treatment now. The change in the last few weeks has been remarkable. Life is getting better. We're not out of the woods yet, but it's a start.

Please, go get help. If not for yourself then do it for those around you. They're just as affected, believe me. If you love your family then do this for them.

Hex Spurt, Nov 11, 2005
Ask a Question