Just food for thought

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by melorib, Jul 17, 2007.

1. melorib

melorib Lowrider

I will add my experience that after a few swaps the differences become harder to spot, if spotable at all... :confused:

melorib, Jul 17, 2007
  2. melorib

zanash

My speakers took six months to produce any useful bass.....so bad was the " new sound" I had to buy a sub to fill in ....

When my speaker are turned off [electrostatics] they do not return to the un broken in sound ....I've just been away for a week with them unpowered....the first bit of music sounded as good as the last bit played over a week ago ....

I'd suggest that the quote is highly questionable or to put it more succinctly a load of pooh....[imo] written possibly with the intention to deride cable tests or differences.

Anyone with an ounce of sense will ask to go back to the original cable post "zip cord killer" ...if the cables any good the difference should be clear,if not......

zanash, Jul 17, 2007
  3. melorib

melorib Lowrider

Each speaker is a different case, and I would think electrostatics are very different from cones, again, my fullrange cones are very different from "normal" long throw cones...

I also "know" from experience that some components change with use and dont return to the unbroken sound, but some components do need some time before they play their best, every time we switch them on, particularly speakers and tubes...

Having said that, the quote makes sense to me, not that there are no diffences between cables, but that some differences heard are as he says...

melorib, Jul 17, 2007
Ask a Question