kef reference 1/1.2

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by A.N., Jan 10, 2005.

1. A.N.

A.N.

has anyone got these/heard them?
    i know they have the Q tweeter, but how detailed are they? mid? bass?

i would dem a pair, but, since they have been discontinued for a while now, its a slim chance. always fancied a pair(gorgeous looking cabinets), i've read the reviews, v favourable.

thnx,

A.N.

A.N., Jan 10, 2005
  2. A.N.

Matt F

Had the Ref 2-2s - very nice indeed, fairly detailed without being bright, good bass but not as deep as you might imagine with two dedicated 6.5" bass drivers (the 1-2 only has one bass driver). The best bit was the imaging which I presume is down to the Uni-Q driver - bloody fantastic almost regardless of placement. Basically, you plonk them down anywhere within reason and they sound great - there's even a near wall setting.

The 1-2s would be a bit lighter on bass I would imagine and reviews tend to back this up. Still fine speakers though and there seem to be some used ones around at very good prices - remember this was a £1300 speaker when new.

Matt.

Matt F, Jan 12, 2005
  3. A.N.

Class A

Try and get yourself a pair of kef 105/3, they will blow you away.

Class A, Jan 12, 2005
  4. A.N.

nankin

Just sold a mint pair of Kef 1/2`s for 450 quid, and yes I did buy the pair of 105/3`s Class A had for sale.
    I found no problems with the base responce on the 1/2`s at all in fact they are an all round superb performer, I would not pay more than £500 for a second hand pair, some new one`s can still be found for £700.

Nankin

nankin, Jan 13, 2005
Ask a Question