Kef Reference 4's

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Levi_501, May 25, 2007.

1. Levi_501

Levi_501 Its in The Jeans...

Gents, I have had my Reference 2's now for donkeys years, I bought them new from Northwood audio way back in the good 'ole nighties !

Over recent months, I have really been considering upgrading to Reference 4's, they seem to make a shade over a grand.

I know Kefs are not everyones taste, however I do like them, I think they are incredibly punchy, and the spread of sound is excellent, I also have the 200C and the TDM 34DS, for the V bit.

The Reference 4's are pretty fucking big boxs, so not only is it a financial investment, some thoguht has to go into are this right visually !

Before I do actually go under the matress and withdraw the loot is there anything that I should consider. The ones that spring to mind are Proac Response range, or the living voice, but these seems to make good money on the used market.

I am using Clear audio TT, CD63 KIDP, the Music First (No I have not painted it black yet ;) ) the Rega powers, until I find either some Exposure 16's or a build a point to point Class A valve amp.

Levi_501, May 25, 2007
  2. Levi_501

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

skip em and try to get a hold of some 203's. more coherent and better balanced in my experience.

sq225917, May 25, 2007
Ask a Question