Knosti Antistat

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Machineman, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Machineman

Machineman

Okey dokey, here goes.
    Hi, i'm new here, but have been lurking a while. I notice quite a lot of vinyl users here so i'm wondering if any of you guys have used this device? Got mine last week and to be honest i'm having a bit of trouble. The records come out nice and clean but i can't seem to stop fluid from seeping under the protecting cover and wetting the label. This is putting me off using it. Do you think maybe i'm over filling it? Although the fluids only just under the top of the brushes. Any tips?

Cheers

Machineman, Feb 27, 2005
  2. Machineman

penance Arrogant Cock

Hi, welcome to zerogain :)

I have a knosti aswell, i only use it when discs realy need it, for the same reason you mentioned. I did consider making some seals/washers to go between the LP and the spindle holder thingy. I never bothered tho, just saving for a proper wet vac machine instead.

penance, Feb 27, 2005
  3. Machineman

lordsummit moderate mod

I had one. I just used to use and not worry about the labels. None of them ever got damaged. I'm saving up for one of those Kab Evo I things now. Either that or the thing with the really funny name that might be £200 or might not be. Some-one help me out I'm dying here........
    Anyway Machineman welcome to the forum, it's always nice to get new posters

lordsummit, Feb 27, 2005
  4. Machineman

Stuart

Hi - never had any trouble with the labels. Inevitably they will get a little wet but thus far no problems have occurred.

Stuart, Feb 28, 2005
  5. Machineman

analoguekid Planet Rush

Lord, would it be this one, Okki Nokki, supposedly sells on hififor sale at £199, but they have made an announcement that it will now be £225, have removed for their website at the moment

analoguekid, Feb 28, 2005
  6. Machineman

lordsummit moderate mod

That was the one. Too much vin rouge last was stopping my brain from working. Thanks AK

lordsummit, Feb 28, 2005
  7. Machineman

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

AIUI, only certain old labels have soluble inks - someone round here might know what they are. I've never had a problem with my Gnosti going back to 60s classical labels and a few 50s jazz, all in LP format.

SteveC, Feb 28, 2005
  8. Machineman

Machineman

Thanks for all the quick replys guys. This forum is ok.
    The labels aren't lifting or anything, but some of them are getting fluid marks (stains). Thanks for the idea Penance, think i'll have a go at making some seals.
    Got me an LP12 before Christmas and been buying up the used vinyl like it's going out of fashion LOL, so a record cleaner is a must. Need a bit more practice methinks.

Cheers.

Machineman, Feb 28, 2005
  9. Machineman

daveb975

I have had a Knosti for a couple of weeks. It was quite strange as I didn't get any wet labels for the first 10-12 records I cleaned, and now all of them get wet.

I tend to find that they dry off with no significant damage, though.

My main problem with the Knosti is that it leaves a visible residue on the records themselves. I think that this will be the same on any of the non-vacuum cleaners.

I am currently saving for the KAB EV-1. Has anyone got any experience of these machines?

daveb975, Mar 1, 2005
  10. Machineman

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

The only real problem I've had with my Knosti is on this one record; I overtightened the clamp and made a small circular ring mark on the labels.

However, with my old MC cart, I noticed the tip would pick up crud from post-cleaned records, so I definitely intend to save up for a vac cleaning machine too.

domfjbrown, Mar 1, 2005
  11. Machineman

analoguekid Planet Rush

Funny I use knosti (although intend to get kav or okki knokki) and although residue appears on record i don't et any crud on stylus, mind you my stylus tracks at 1g and this may be a reason.

analoguekid, Mar 1, 2005
  12. Machineman

Machineman

Hi again,
    seems like quite a few of you are looking to upgrade to a Kab. I just had a look at it and seems quite good. Anyone here already got one? My cart hasn't picked up any crud yet or seen any residue, but i suppose it depends on how much you've used the fluid.

Machineman, Mar 1, 2005
  13. Machineman

Machineman

Kab-ev1 $149, Thats about £78+ p+p+ import and vat, Post office handling fee. I suppose about £120 all in. Seems a good price. Whats a Okki Knokki?

Machineman, Mar 1, 2005
  14. Machineman

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

The Okki Nokki is by Cadence.

I found out recently that it does need a vacuum to be attached, just like the Kab. That's yet to be confirmed with personal experience though.

I like the look of it because you get a full size box and platter like the more expensive cleaners.

bottleneck, Mar 1, 2005
  15. Machineman

analoguekid Planet Rush

I reckon I'll be going for the Kab, for the simple reason of it's diminutive size. The okki Nokki has conflicting reports Chris, some say with vaccum some say w/out, i believe the one sold here at £225 may be with vac, but you are right there is nothing definitive about it.

analoguekid, Mar 1, 2005
Ask a Question