krell vs simaudio

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by amir, Mar 20, 2004.

1. amir

amir

1.krell kav 280p/2250 pre/power
    2.simaudio mon P-5/W-5 pre/power
    which pre/power is better with crazy speakers like dynaudio?

amir, Mar 20, 2004
  2. amir

merlin

Well, Dynaudio use Sim for shows in Canada.

Additionally, the Sim units you mention are reference quality, compared by many to Krell's FBA series amps and the like.

Sim gives you the music as well as all the hifi niceities. IMHO few Krell models do. Most people who listen to Moon are surprised, after all, they don't get too much press over here. But they represent great value and have a valve like liquidity along with Krell type bass and prat to keep all but the Naim boys happy.

You might have guessed I like it;)

merlin, Mar 20, 2004
  3. amir

amir

I listened to krell and i can not undrestand why it's dry.
    pre/power combo have real power , bass slam, transparency, detail, soundstage.
    I had no complain from it's sound in all respects, but it's question for me why it's dry!?
    I don't know using high quality cdplayer will solve the problem or krell will sound dry with all cdplayers?

amir, Mar 21, 2004
  4. amir

skp574

I've got an Audio Research CD3MkII hooked up to my KAV-400xi. I would say it was dry at all.

It certainly has all you have mentioned plus detail and bags of it. I personally perferred the AR CDP rather than the Krell 280p which I think has now been discontinued as it's no longer on the Krell website. I think the SACD Standard is replacement.

I have not heard Sim Audio kit so can't comment or give a comparison, sorry.

HTH

skp574, Mar 24, 2004
  5. amir

amir

In your idea if i change my source my problem will be solved and it is not necessary to use tube preamp?

amir, Mar 24, 2004
Ask a Question