later with Jools

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by johnhunt, Jul 16, 2005.

1. johnhunt

johnhunt recidivist

I like to watch this , as much for what's terrible as what's good.
    What prevents me the broadcast time and the fact we've no way of recording it.

after a heavy week, a couple of beers after work , bathing and getting nipper to bed then a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, it's early night time.

occasionally i'll try and stay up, miss it, and end up waking up half on the sofa and half not at 4am - that was this morning.

given all the terrible guff ( apart from will and grace) that goes out on friday's, you think a 9/10 slot would be reasonable. even repeating it on BBC 4 at a reasonable time?

perhaps the timing derives from the post pub target audience. maybe i'll just stay out drinking - later.

johnhunt, Jul 16, 2005
  2. johnhunt

GAZZ

Yes Johnhunt i sometimes fall asleep while watching later with jools. A couple of weeks ago i had fallen asleep when i woke up jools was playing along with a small organ player he was black (yellow jacket) he was very good, i have know idea who is but i would buy some of the mans music.

GAZZ, Jul 16, 2005
  3. johnhunt

johnhunt recidivist

i've rarely get to the opening credits. there must be a website that gives a list of the performers

ear r

http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/

johnhunt, Jul 16, 2005
  4. johnhunt

leonard smalls GufmeisterGeneral

Funny that crap gameshows, stereotyped dramas and "reality" (yeah, right) form the bulk of what's on telly.
    But the only popular music shows are TOTP (shite!) and Jools (too late). You'd think there'd be some sort of demand, I mean even the Proms are on at peak time..
    And as for jazz, doesn't exist as far as telly's concerned..

leonard smalls, Jul 16, 2005
  5. johnhunt

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

actually i like joolss being on when it is, its ideal watching when youve just finished work and want to unwind

themadhippy, Jul 17, 2005
  6. johnhunt

johnhunt recidivist

tape it for me

johnhunt, Jul 17, 2005
  7. johnhunt

MO! MOnkey`ead!

If anyone's in the Newport area, there should be an alternative to sitting home watching later, in the next MOnth or so. "Later, in a pub without Jools Holland". Hoping to get about 10 acts involved and should be a good night.

I enjoyed the Weller special on Later the other night.

MO!, Jul 18, 2005
  8. johnhunt

Heavymental

I agree its a shame Jools is on so late. The beeb should be pushing this show out as primetime as possible as it certainly beats most of the sht on TV at any time and will expose lots of people to quality live music. At the moment it doesn't feel like the beeb are making the most of having 5 or 6 quality acts in a studio at the same time week in week out. Get it on the airwaves!
    Why not have it on Friday evening around 8.30ish and repeat it late saturday night for example?

Heavymental, Jul 18, 2005
  9. johnhunt

MartinC Trainee tea boy

Ah, but if it were put on at prime time then there would probably be a push to make some of the music more mainstream, so it might not be what it is now. So keep it where it is I say, and get a video recorder/PVR/DVD recorder if you haven't already got one! With the exception of sport, I virtually never watch TV live anyway. I've got a load of Glastonbury and Live8 stuff waiting to be watched at some point for instance...

MartinC, Jul 18, 2005
  10. johnhunt

Heavymental

True...I suppose I need to invest in a dvd recorder as my Alba video isn't up to the job most of the time!

Heavymental, Jul 18, 2005
  11. johnhunt

Anex Thermionic

I find theres very rarely anything on there I don't like, alot of stuff is awful on the radio/album but when they're on Jools people seem to put on a good show. Dunno if its just the good acts put me in the right frame of mind but its good anyway.

Anex, Jul 18, 2005
Ask a Question