letter to Santa - so many music, so little time

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by ditton, Dec 6, 2003.

1. ditton

ditton happy old soul

end of 2003 is in sight, and I've been upgrading ever since I was a child ...

well, at least since I was sure that the children had left, and I could play at volumes I could never condone and not have to complain or leave the room when my-not-like stuff was on offer.

I'm now into enjoying the music, but Christmas is coming. In my letter to Santa I'm asking for more music. I also could ask for something to feed the upgraditis. So comments & suggestions welcomed.

After various diversions, my upgraditis has led me to:

AS Transcend CD transport (converted in a Sony chasis)
    AS Dax Decade
    AudioLab 8000S
    Celestion Ditton 15s

sitting on a 4 tier Mana stand.

All but the Dittons were s/h or bought at factory gate prices. The Dittons I bought new for £110 in 1976, and now sound better than ever. They are on the 3 legged (4 spiked) Target stands I bought at the time, but now with MoPads between box and plate. The latter removes some of the reverburb I found after having the floors sanded.

I've a Blue silver digital interconnect taking the Ncode from the transport to the dac, and similar for the interconnect to the AudioLab which I use in power amp mode as the Dax Decade is both dac and pre-amp.

The speaker wire is not notable, and the longest run needed is 4.5m.

So what do you think should be on my list to Santa?

- and what's going be on yours?

ditton, Dec 6, 2003
  2. ditton

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

If you're happy with the kit, let it be music!

What I'd like santa to bring me for christmas is an olson board (failing that, someone please sell me one, see buy/sell forum). Some good tunes too... I've been broadening my spectrum musically a lot of late, so more is good!

I-S, Dec 6, 2003
  3. ditton

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Oh, and I'd like another Stoplight pen. This one has run out after 200 CDs...

I-S, Dec 6, 2003
  4. ditton

ditton happy old soul

just started to home demo a pair of JM Lab Electra 905 speakers. Look nicer than the Dittons, and wood matches the fireplace but no mega differences yet.

...nothing wrong with more music as advice though

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2003
    ditton, Dec 6, 2003
Ask a Question