Linn forums back up??

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by papichulo, Feb 12, 2006.

1. papichulo

papichulo

Was popular last year till it was hacked I recall?? Seems to be back up:

www.linnforums.com

Wonder if theres any news on a new cd player?? :confused:

papichulo, Feb 12, 2006
  2. papichulo

lordsummit moderate mod

Barnie there's no evidence in that article to support your story. Unless you can prove your story I cannot let that post stand.

lordsummit, Feb 13, 2006
  3. papichulo

Barnie

Barnie, Feb 13, 2006
  4. papichulo

lordsummit moderate mod

The names don't match Barnie, the owner of the Linn Forums site is different to the one in the newspaper site, try it:
    www.allwhois.com
    If you can't prove your accusation I'll have to remove it

lordsummit, Feb 13, 2006
  5. papichulo

Barnie

Hmm, I've not made any further accusations?

What's the point you want firm proof. I have already run the domain check and as you say it's a different name, that doesn't mean a thing though. A lot of people supply wrong data to these registers...

I'll PM you...

Barnie, Feb 13, 2006
  6. papichulo

Barnie

Lordsummit

Now you can see evidence of the HiFi buying public being conned...

Had you taken notice of my alert, some of this may never have happened :rolleyes:

EDIT: The below text was received today in the form of email from Mr Roy.K.Riches

A precautionary e-mail - I'm awaiting a reply from Seduction Audio.
    My thanks to Thomas for notifying me of this possible problem?

Hello Gents,
    Just had this e-mail from Thomas, and it's raising a concern over the supplier of the Oyaide IEC plugs - i.e. Seduction Audio and owner Mr S Raza, 21 Hamilton Gardens, LEEDS, LS7 4AZ. Are these plug he sells genuine or copies?

Today I receive my second delivery of 10 x Oyaide IEC plugs from Mr. S. Raza and have sent him the e-mail below (in Blue), after Thomas's here, asking for clarification on the matter. Basically is he selling copies or not of the Oyaide IECs.
    Sadly it seems the motto of today is mistrust everyone until proven otherwise! Perhaps I'm old-school, but the society & values of today dismays me!

Best regards
    Roy
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Roy.K.Riches
    Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 8:29 PM
    Subject: Re: Updates 2006 - from Roy

Dear Roy
    Thanks for your info I recieved a couple of weeks ago.
    I'd like to point out, re the oyaide iec 320 connector plugs, that I have been unable to source any at the prices quoted by Mr S Raza. "Official" dealers are charging at least $55 for these & they go upwards in terms of silver/ rhodium finishes etc.
    I then looked in to the oyaide website which has posted a large WARNING! re fake lookalikes from ebay/ yahoo auction sites- they have even posted a list of suspect dealers (seduction audio being one of them) selling these fakes.
    So maybe a word of warning to people you have emailed regarding this item; it could appear better built than a wattgate/marinco but may not have passed any iec testing & almost certainly has never been cryogenically treated!
    Kind regards
    Thomas
    ---------------

Hello Sid,
    Just a report to say the package of 10 x Audiophile Cryogenic Blue IECs with silver pins arrive this morning. Thank you.
    I also received an e-mail from one of the 1000+ people I informed of your Oyaide Audiophile Cryogenic Blue IECs with silver pins, which has presented a possible problem.

He gave me this link http://www.oyaide.com/e_audio/support/support_index.htm , which alleges the Seduction Audio Company as being an "unprincipled dealer" and suppliers of copys/imitations of the Oyaide merchandise. I do not know if this is just sour grapes from the Oyaide Company or not, because you offer these IEC plugs at excellent low prices?

Sid, I would like to hear your side of the story please, as I wish to know if I have genuine Oyaide IEC's or an imitation? Currently I've spent £324 with you and there are more orders in the pipeline.
    Now whether these IEC plugs I have are the real Oyaide item or not, I still think them good value for money at the price you offer them. But I would like to know if your claims of cryogenic treatment and silver pin coating are genuine or not. I do like to know the correct information about an item when I recommend them to other people.

Thanks
    Best regards
    Roy

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2006
    Barnie, Nov 8, 2006
  7. papichulo

oedipus

What, you can't tell by ear?

oedipus, Nov 8, 2006
  8. papichulo

RobHolt Moderator

What the hell does any of this have to do with the Linn forum?

RobHolt, Nov 8, 2006
  9. papichulo

Barnie

The Raza chap is the same person I tried to warn you all about :rolleyes:

EDIT: It's also the member that started this thread!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2006
    Barnie, Nov 8, 2006
  10. papichulo

Barnie

Personally I've never tried, and furthermore I wouldn't even bother...

The text above apart from the first 2 lines are written by Roy.K Riches in an email received from him today! Sorry if that wasn't clear..

Barnie, Nov 8, 2006
Ask a Question