Linn Isobariks and Mana Stands

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by honestcharlie, Jan 25, 2009.

1. honestcharlie

honestcharlie

With regret, for sale are my Linn Isobariks together with their matching Mana stands.

Cosmetically, the black ash cabinets are in excellent condition. The foam grills are also in good condition (apart from being a bit dusty), which makes me think that they are not the originals.

The speaker sound great as you would expect, with all drive units in good condition, apart from a small mark on each the face of each base driver but this has no bearing on the function of the driver or sound quality of the driver.

The Mana stands included are purpose made for Isobariks, have a massive influence on the sound quality. These low version stands originally cost me £450, but essential to get the best out of these. The speakers also look better on these, and less imposing than on the taller originals.

Serial numbers are 3289 & 3290, which means they were built around late 1983. They are in the purest DMS version, which have the built in cross-overs and down facing XLR socket. It is widely accepted that this guise was their best form, and when they won their 'classic speaker' status.

Original packing boxes are included.

If you are looking for a pair of these, then you wont find many in better. I can email photos on request.

Absolute hi-fi bargain at £550 ovno.

Collection from my home in Berkshire would be preferred, but could be couriered at cost. Due to their weight, this will be around £100.
    Alternatively, I could deliver them within 100 range of Pangbourne in Berkshire at a cost of 25 pence per mile.

honestcharlie, Jan 25, 2009
  2. honestcharlie

honestcharlie

A quick bump before they go onto eBay!!

honestcharlie, Jan 29, 2009
  3. honestcharlie

honestcharlie

Now on Ebay.

Item number: 250365779962

honestcharlie, Jan 31, 2009
  4. honestcharlie

honestcharlie