Linn K9

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by placid_s, Dec 18, 2004.

1. placid_s

placid_s

Hi, I have a rega planar 3, and after getting it all set up, I realised the needle was bent, anyway, tried to bend it back as carefully as I could, but sure enough it snapped off.

Its a second hand turntable, mint condition, but I don't know how much wear and tare the needle has taken, anyway, its a linn k9 cartridge, and I was wondering if I can buy just the needle? I don't know much about turntables unfortunately, or where to get replacement products.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks

placid_s, Dec 18, 2004
  2. placid_s

penance Arrogant Cock

penance, Dec 18, 2004
  3. placid_s

lordsummit moderate mod

TBH if I were you I wouldn't trouble yourself too much with the K9, I've been playing with one because I had a dusting accident, and it happened to be around, and I found it very coloured. There are lots of other choices it all depends how much you want to spend. The K9 is quite a musical little beast, and plays quite a good tune, but essentially it has a flawed sound, kind of resonant, and rather relentless I found.
    If you can run to it look at the Goldring 1006, or the Ortofon MC3 or MC15, they're both the same price. the MC15 is the better cart I think, but the MC3 is a high output MC, you can use it if you don't have a MC phono stage.
    You can't get as Mr P so wisely says a replacement stylus for the K9, but that one does fit. I wouldn't bother unless you really can't afford any more

lordsummit, Dec 18, 2004
  4. placid_s

notaclue

notaclue, Dec 18, 2004
  5. placid_s

placid_s

thanks guys, ill look into the links you sent in a bit. also thanks for posting so quick!, i had the same post up on the av forum for about 2 months now, no reply.

placid_s, Dec 19, 2004
Ask a Question