Linn Katan and stands

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by scrosland, Oct 11, 2005.

1. scrosland

scrosland --

I have a pair of Linn Katans in the cherry veneer for sale, along with the matching Linn stands in silver. The speakers and stands are in excellent condition, with just a few spike marks on the underside of the speakers. Pictures here and here. Originally purchased in February 2003.

I have the original boxes and manual for the speakers, but not the boxes for the stands, though I can package them for postage if necessary. Each speaker is 6kg without packaging, and each stand is another 6kg without packaging.

£450 ono.

Collection from Surrey or possibly delivery in the Surrey and N. Hampshire area; or postage via Parcel Force at cost (approx £48 for speakers and stands within the UK).

Cheers,
    Simon
    scrosland <at> yahoo <dot> com

scrosland, Oct 11, 2005
  2. scrosland

locky

Pity they're not in black. I've been interested in some Katans since I heard some at Peter Tyson's in January. What are your impressions of these speakers? I'd be interested to know...

locky, Oct 13, 2005
  3. scrosland

scrosland --

I like them a lot and only changed them because I came across a very good deal on some ex-demo Shahinians. The Katan's suited me in that they work well close-ish to a wall even though they are rear-ported, and they are very musical. Bass extension is not great, though what bass there is times well and fits well with the midrange and treble. The treble started out very harsh when they were new, but now they are run in it is just fine. They probably suit rock/pop/jazz more than classical simply because they are not large enough to do scale well.

Are you sure you don't want a nice real wood pair...? :)

Cheers,
    Simon

scrosland, Oct 13, 2005
  4. scrosland

scrosland --

bump

scrosland, Oct 21, 2005
  5. scrosland

scrosland --

Now sold.

scrosland, Oct 31, 2005
Ask a Question