Linn LP12 LingoII/Ekos II/Akiva

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Paul Gravett, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Paul Gravett

Paul Gravett Vinyl music lover

I am selling a top-notch LP12 - the dog's b******s of Linn turntables. Here's the story...

The black LP12 (Serial no. 66282) is upgraded to Cirkus spec and was bought on Ebay by me in October 2004 (receipt available). It is in excellent condition: there are a couple of small dings and nicks on each front corner and a 2mm x 5mm ding on the right-hand side which is only apparent on very close examination (I only discovered it looking today). It has been carefully blacked out. The lid is clear and has only the usual light polishing scratches and the hinges are in good order. This one has its baseboard fitted.

The LingoII power supply is three years old (Sn. 842184, April 2003) and was bought by me in July 2004. It has its original box with manual and is in mint condition. This is a significant improvement on the earlier version of the Lingo

The EkosII tonearm is an upgraded Mk1 and this was done in March 2001. The Mk1 was an earlier secondhand acquisition but had knackered bearings. The upgrade cost £500 and I have the receipt. The EkosII is in very near mint condition. I have had a hard look at it and the only imperfection I can find is a tiny loss of paint on the very edge of the lift/lower part of the headshell. Hardly noticeable at all and could be easily blacked out. The EkosII has the silver t-kable upgrade. I bought a mint sealed t-kable on Ebay last year and had it fitted in September 2005 - receipt supplied. There is no box for the tonearm.

The Linn Akiva cartridge was bought by me on Ebay in September 2004 and fitted to an earlier non-Cirkused LP12 I had (again receipt for this fitting is available). It was very low hours when bought and I have used it sparingly and would guess that it has about half its life left. It has a trade-in value of, I believe, £500 against a new Akiva. I don't have the box for this cartridge.

I had two LP12s in 2004. One was Cirkused with Valhalla, the other non-Cirkused and Lingoed. I swopped the EkosII, Akiva and LingoII kit from the non-Cirkus to the Cirkus LP12 in December 2004 and a new armboard was fitted as well (and, yes, the receipt will prove it!)

Finally, coming up to date, the LP12 was serviced in September 2005 at a cost of £80 by Grahams HiFi and, yes, I have the you-know-what for it.

So, this is a top-of-the-range LP12 that, needless to say, spins absolutely fautlessly and sounds great. The retail price would be around the £6,000 mark but all I am asking is £2,750.

The only thing missing is the original box but the buyer can either pickup from north London or I can drive a reasonable distance - say up to 100 miles - for petrol money. For an overseas buyer or anyone who would prefer it shipped I can obtain a replacement box from Linn and then send it insured at cost price. A new box is about £50, I think, and postage would be around £15-£20 insured anywhere in the UK. Overseas will obviously be much more.

Oh and lastly it comes with a 60 page vinylengine.com set up manual and also a much older 'Instruction and Installation Manual' from Linn themselves.

I can send photos to anyone interested. Please email: [email protected] Do not PM me as the inbox gets filled very quickly.

Paul

Paul Gravett, Feb 20, 2006
Ask a Question