Linn sneaky driver

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by rawhide, Sep 17, 2008.

1. rawhide

rawhide

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what a Linn Sneaky Driver does ?

Is it something that goes in a wakonda to give you a tuner or is it somethng that might aid the distrubution of a line signal around the home, or maybe a control interface for the businees end.

Thanks for your help I really haven't a clue with some of this stuff

rawhide, Sep 17, 2008
  2. rawhide

lbr monkey boy

I believe it's a new technology so deviously clever you can't even notice it doing anything worthwhile. Very sneaky.

lbr, Sep 17, 2008
  3. rawhide

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

The Sneaky is a network music player, it takes digital files from a network attached storage device, (hard disc) or PC, or other network music device, Squeeze box, Sonos etc.

The 'driver' is probably the software that resides on the network device/pc to talk to the Sneaky box.

sq225917, Sep 19, 2008
  4. rawhide

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

... whereas the older Sneaky driver chunk of hardware was to do with sending line signals round the house with Linn's own distribution system. Check out the Linn forum if you need to know more.

Edit: there were a KNEKT sneaky line driver and sneaky line receiver at one time. They can still be serviced if you have a problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2008
    SteveC, Sep 20, 2008
Ask a Question