Linn Spark to LK280 Urgent Knowledge Req

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by DaveHiFi, Apr 14, 2006.

1. DaveHiFi

DaveHiFi Seeking Nirvana

Hi,

I have seen a Spark unit on the dreaded ebay for sale on its lonesome. I have an LK280 but I seem to think in the deep recesses of my mind that some adaptation would be required in order for me to link them together, is this true. Plus if so is this work still carried out by anyone. I live in Yorkshire so any local contact would be better but failing that I will post. By the way the auction finishes noon tomorrow 15th Apr 06.
    Thanks
    Dave

DaveHiFi, Apr 14, 2006
  2. DaveHiFi

9designs Linn Nut

When the spark is added/used, the internal transformer in the LK280 is removed. Don't know the detail of the change. Also some 3 pin sockets would be needed on the back to connect up.
    Seen the listing, the seller has split the 280 from the spark !!! Wally.....The LK280 will be useless on it's own.... perhaps win both and sell your stand alone LK280..... better still just buy a Klout !!!

9designs, Apr 14, 2006
  3. DaveHiFi

DaveHiFi Seeking Nirvana

LK280 Spark

Thanks for the reply I agree with you that I would be best lookimg for a klout power amp it seems that trying to source a lk280 and spark combo could be a waste so stepping up to a Klout is the better solution.
    I havent heard the Klout so I will look around and see if any dealers may have one local for an audition.
    Regards
    Dave

DaveHiFi, Apr 16, 2006
  4. DaveHiFi

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

If you stumble across a 2250 in the journey I'd consider that too for a slightly different take for around the same used-price- evel.

SteveC, Apr 16, 2006
  5. DaveHiFi

9designs Linn Nut

Dave, what's the rest of the system ?
    The Klout will give your more detail and cleaner sound, better control, and loads more musical foot tapping tunes !!... I did the LK280/Spark -> Klout a few years back.... you won't regret it.
    AV2250, depends on the rest of the system, a search shows a few dealers with exdem/used items.... around £1200 though.
    Early Klout for about £7- 800 on eBay, later spec for around £1000, at present.... short while back these went for £1400 !!!! Klout prices seem quite volatile !

9designs, Apr 16, 2006
  6. DaveHiFi

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

A small nitpick for googling, etc. It's the Linn "AV5125" for 5-channel amp, Linn "2250" for the beefier two-channel. Note the lack of AV

SteveC, Apr 17, 2006
Ask a Question